Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Flower Over-Power!

About a year ago, I got on a flower kick. I bought the mini-Primas in the cute little coke bottles, all the way up to the big Heidi Swapp ones...there were glittery ones, big obnoxious ones w/ buttons, pretty velvet ones in tins...the list could go on. One day, my sister-in-law called me and told me that a package would be coming my way from QVC. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE presents, so of course I was intrigued. She did tell me in the spirit of full disclaimer that although the first package was on her, that there would be a few more coming and if I wanted to continue, I could pay for them or I could just cancel at any time. Gotta love that Auto-Delivery mode! LOL



So, the first package arrived a few days later and low and behold, it was a bag full of flowers, about 356 to be exact. I was over the moon. Months passed, and although there was no way I could have used up the first batch, I couldn't resist the new colors each month so I accepted and paid her for them as they arrived until they finally stopped at Christmastime.


I swear that these flowers sit up in my cabinet and multiply when I'm not looking. I have used them for cards, scrapbooking, on almost every journal I've made, given some away to a few good friends, and still my cabinet holds a plethora of silky round blooms in all sizes and colors. Now, I'm not anticipating on them going out of style or anything, but it appears as if I cannot even make a dent in the pile that I swear is reproducing...after all, it is Spring! LOL. There is definitely some OVER-powering flowering going on!


I decided that I needed to do something about this little excess supply. Especially the larger sized flowers that don't really fit well on a standard sized greeting card. So, I thought I'd post one of my many creations this week using (...and using up!) flowers! This particular technique is SUPER easy and fun. I took the largest size flower I had and cut it in half to create the focal point for this card. Combined with a fun brad or jeweled embellishment it's a great way to use up some extra supplies you have hanging around and will make anyone happy to receive it!



On that note, doesn't this season seem like the first "real" spring we've had in years? Normally it goes from like 20 below to 90 and we seem to skip over Spring. Although I'm still a tad eager for the summer months to get here so we can go to the pool, etc. and be outside more, I am a bit pleased to feel like we've actually gone back to four seasons. I mean, three seasons would be great if we could only get rid of the snow...but still... :) HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!

No comments: