Friday, August 15, 2008

Cupcakes & Bling...two of my favorite things!

I had been waiting so long to give this card to it's rightful owner as a surprise that I almost FORGOT to show you guys:)

As this special recipient is a subscriber to the blog, you can see where my dilemma started.

Anyway, the time has come LOL. Ok, can I just say that I don't even know where this obession with cupcakes began, but it's almost as bad as my love of butterflies now!!! The only thing I can think of is back in April when we were in Charleston, SC on vacation and I stumbled upon this absolutely ADORABLE little bakery in downtown Charleston on historic King Street. The name? Appropriately titled "CUPCAKE". Oh my gosh, you HAVE to check them out as I give them MAD PROPS for being totally natural, homemade, and so stinkin' cute I can't even stand it!!! Hence, my love of cupcakes, already in the works, was officially "born".

Here we are a few months later, and my obsession grows stronger by the hour it seems! So, needless to say when I saw this stamp from Stamping Bella, I couldn't resist. I LOVE Bellas. It's just too bad they are out of the country, because postage can be killer. There was no saying no to this "Cupcakeabella", though, as I'm sure you can see why!

To make this card, I stamped the image w/ black StazOn. This also comes in handy for the sentiment (bottom right corner) as the bling paper can be tricky w/ regular dye based inks. To make this card super girly, I used HELLA bling LOL. Pearls and rhinestones from Hero Arts. I, of course, had to top off the "frosting" with Stickles. I believe the color shown here is Fruit Punch. The little flower blingy things were given to me by a VERY generous ATC Swapper that I hosted a few months back. Was very cool of her and I am going to have to find out where she got them as I'm almost out :(

To color in Bella's dress, I used metallic pigment ink w/ a dauber. However, I must show you my amazing find from Pebbles Inc.! They now make SHIMMER PEARLESCENT CHALKS, and it's rapidly becoming my new favorite for all things coloring! The best part is the no-fuss little "pom poms" that come in three sizes w/ this awesome and amazing little "crocodile teeth/grippy tool" (yes, I am a bit challenged in the description zone tonight...it's been a LOOOOONNNNGGG week!)

So, I will leave you with this cutie cupcake Bella and also, speaking of Pom poms....


This is my girl on her first Pom performance day last Sunday. I definitely had one of those proud "mom" moments this past weekend...magnify that 16X as I am not only Mom, but "Coach" for the next four months of our lives and so that pride was definitely carried over to ALL the girls when I saw how well they did. I think it's gonna be an awesome (and crazy!) season.

I have to say, though, I just beam over her. Over all of the kids, of course, but this was her day so I'll leave you with this.

Gotta go for now...unfortunately there have been SEVERAL new releases from some of my favorite stamp companies and it's causing quite the hole in my wallet...
so I better get to work on a card order I have tonight LOL! Take care and thanks for reading as always!



P.S.

For the question of the week, what is your favorite dessert or baked good?
Recipes encouraged :)

Stay tuned as my next post will have some "Blog Candy" for the VERY FIRST TIME!!! Can't wait!!!

I am also updating my "quote arsenal" and will be posting new and cool quotes after each post. Feel free to send them in and I'll send you a shout out!

"Making the decision to be a Mother is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone

No comments: