Friday, August 22, 2008

When It's JUST RITE, you just know :)
















It's not too often in this craft when we make a few things for ourselves...right? Is it just me? I almost feel guilty making a card designed with ME in mind as opposed to its recipient. Does anyone else ever feel like this? I mean, sure, we design what we like, but sometimes, we don't fully put "ourselves" into the card. At least not as much as I'd always like to? Anyway....

I have been dying to purchase the do-it-yourself Monogram Stamper from JustRite for a while, now. I've been ooh-ing and ahh-ing over it for weeks, actually. I finally purchased this last week and I have to say, I've only used it a handful of times but I LOVE it!

It's really user friendly, and with interchangeable borders AND letters, what could be more personalized? You can even change the color of the ink you want to use with additional dry pads that you can ink with any color. The whole concept is pretty cool...and can you HEAR the Christmas gift wheels turning? Personalized items make the perfect gift for so many reasons, don't you think?

To make this little stationery set scream "jess", of COURSE it had to be pink :) I used Sweet Blush paper from Papertrey along w/ Berry Sorbet and also the Pink Patterns Designer Paper. Butterfly punch is from Martha Stewart crafts. I also used a flower from Papertrey's Floral Frenzy to stamp inside the monogrammed area. It's a nice way to tie the pink into the monogram, especially since I'm not sure what I think about the black ink next to all that pretty pink ;) It's definitely fun for a first project though and a great excuse for pink AND butterflies!

I'm sure you'll be seeing/hearing more from me using this cool new "toy" from Just Rite. Be sure to email me w/ tips and ideas for those of you that just got on the JustRite bandwagon long before I did. Also, head on over to Katie's blog, My Paper Haven, to check out the ADORABLE projects she created with her JustRite stamper as well! I'm lovin' the pencil holders!!! After all, it's back to school next week!

Have a great day and stay tuned for tonight's winning blog candy recipient! Thanks everyone for reading!!!
UPDATE: Congrats to IamDerby, the # was 2, so you won the blog candy this evening :) Email me your address when you get a chance and enjoy the journal. Thanks for playing everyone!!!

No comments: