Saturday, September 20, 2008

HAPPY HARVEST CROP!

Hey guys! Good morning on this beautiful Saturday in September. Today is our Harvest Crop over at A Walk Down Memory Lane!

It's an online day of scrapbooking, challenges, prizes, and fun, also featuring tutorials and online 'Classes' that you can participate in. Head on over to check it out!

Today on the AWDML Forum, I've issued a challenge for any alterable item to be made using a Fall theme. This can be a Lunchbox/Tin, Journal, Binder, Datebook, Photo Frame, Canvas, Ceramic Tile or Trivet...you get the picture ;) Winners will be chosen in a few days on the forum as well and you can upload your beautiful creations to the AWDML gallery!

I chose to post my example using chipboard coasters. I took six of them, and covered them with Crate paper (LOOOOOVE it!) using Tacky glue, a sponge brush and a craft knife. After they dried, I punched holes in them using my Crop-A-Dile and got some cheap binder clasp/ringy thingys to turn my little project into a Mini-Album. I then embellished with pretty autumn-themed ribbons, flowers, and some other fun stuff inside. Lots of copper brads/eyelets, etc. Super fun and not to difficult to do. I also made one for my Mom and she adores it.

To finish off my little "Happy Fall" gift, I made her a set of notecards using the SCRAPS from the Crate Paper and made them into little personalized, monogrammed notecards. They are one-sided, like postcards...perfect for quick notes to your teachers, babysitters, DH's, etc...

What do ya think? Be sure to bop on over to the Harvest of Memories crop by A WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE today! Look for me on the forum and say hi! Have fun, everyone!


Hugs,

1 comment:

Mandy said...

How pretty! Great job with this!!