Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Ladybug means Good Luck!

WHAT....a challenge!

A card w/out stamps??? Say it isn't so! Granted, with all the designer papers and embellishments I use, the stamps are sometimes squeezed somewhere in between, but still...I am definitely not accustomed to the "Scrapbooking" way of cardmaking...does that made-up term make sense?

When Lisa, the AWESOME Owner of A Walk Down Memory Lane shipped out our kits this month, I knew that the cardmaking kit wouldn't be sent until next month. You should definitely check out the AWDML store...she JUST moved into a new brick&mortar store in addition to adding a TON of awesome products to the online store!
Anyway, I received the layout kit this month...same as the scrapbooking DT gals and was ready to play. I did make a scrapbook page...actually two...but a few cards, too and I found that using big, blingy pieces of chipboard, etc. was really fun for me!
This particular card was made using a bunch of fun pieces from the November Back to School kit...just released TODAY!
Remember how cool 80's flair was back in the day? Well...thanks to Facebook and other lingering nostalgia, I am happy to say that flair is back! Isn't this ladybug the cutest? I wasn't sure HOW I was going to incorporate it at first, but then when it dawned on me for the 2nd time that I didn't have stamps LOL...I thought I'd spell out Good Luck w/ some KI Memories Cardstock stickers...then the rest kind of fell into place.
Talk about getting ahead...this card will be given to my DD NEXT year...she's only in 3rd grade now! I didn't want to waste that cute chipboard sign saying "first day of ___ grade" so I thought I'd put it to good use next year...now, if only I can REMEMBER!!!LOL!
I'll be back later with another card or two...what a fun weekend it will be!!!

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job, I love that lady bug, TFS.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable! Looks like a fab kit!

Allison said...

Such a fun creation!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Way cute...that ladybug is so fun on this!!
hugs, jami

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

NO stamps! It should be illegal! But you rocked that challenge. Great idea to make a card to celebrate a new grade. Makes it exciting! :O)