Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Some Election Day RAK's...

Hey everyone...Happy Election DAY!
I am a nervous wreck about the Election so I have decided that I'm going to do a RAK day today! I hope that all of you (well, at least my friends here in the states) go out and VOTE today!!!

I am also TRYING to figure out how I'm gonna beat this cold I have but the cold is winning!!! I have been trying to rest and drink plenty of water, yada yada but I am SOOO sick of getting sick this month! I KNOW you've all felt my pain at one time or another.

Well, enough whining. I really have no excuse! I have some BEAUTIFUL RAK's to show you today so that's reason enough, as I am a VERY lucky girl!

This first one is by Jenn Diaz, one of our Guest Pretties at Paper Pretties. Isn't she just the sweetest?

Jenn sent this card to me just to congratulate me on being invited to the Pretties Design Team and to say hello and I was overwhelmed by her awesome-ness!!! She must know how much I love my Flutter By Sophia (I have NO idea why! LOL!) and used it along with some of my fave. color combos. I absolutely love this card and all the attention to detail she put into it!

Do you see how she shadowed the outline of Sophia? It's awesome! The paper piercing is gorgeous, too...that's inspiring to me, too because its a technique I dont' use very often. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks again Jenn...I LOVE your card!!!

The next work of art was sent to me by Jessie Rone, my new friend and fellow Prettie Girl!
I absolutely love all the layers and textures to this card. I don't even know where to start! You might have remembered our Pretties Wednesday brayer challenge that we did this past Wed...well, Jessie used her brayer to shade Falling for You Sophia's overalls which is just the cutest!
I love the embossing on the top and then all the yummy layers of color...the ribbons, the clips..and the brads!!! So stinkin' cute, huh?

Jessie has definitely inspired me...WAIT..ENABLED me to get the Oval Nestabilities...that will have to be next now...thanks Jess! LOL! I said I could do w/out them but after looking at this sweet card and the way she uses all her ovals, I'm gonna have to dive into that realm....sigh! It never ends, does it girls???

This next bee-yoo-tee-ful RAK is from my sista!!! We both follow Lisa Johnson's blog and a few months ago she did some amazingly cute bookmarks that we were both pretty ga-ga over!
Knowing that my fave color is pink, she used it to create this awesome magnetic bookmark for me!! Unfortunately, b/c there is Shimmer Mist on it, it was sort of reflecting off my flash so I couldn't show it in all it's majesty but it is truly adorable.

In addition to the cute butterfly on the front, the back has a flower and says "thanks for being you!"...Back at ya, my sista!!!

Notice the book it's on? Have you READ the Twilight series??? or have you been living under a ROCK???

There is no doubt these are my favorite books these days and I cannot WAIT until the movie comes out on Nov. 21st!!! Let me know if you'll be joining me on opening night!

Well, that concludes the RAK portion of today's program...Thanks for looking and for taking the time to appreciate these pretty things like I do....hugs,

3 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Hello?? I think it's working now Deb LOL

Shirley said...

Hi, I can't quite see anything under this rock. It's pretty dark, but those beautiful cards can be seen anywhere! The butterfly girl is so pretty in the pink, green and brown. The other one is just so warm and Autumn. Isn't it wonderful to get RAK cards!!

Anonymous said...

Yuvvo!!