Wednesday, December 24, 2008

AWAY IN A MANGER...MERRY CHRISTMAS 2008!

Hello and a Merry Christmas Eve to you all on this Prettie Wednesday!

The presents are wrapped, the cookies are baked, and the Christmas cards...well...those went out JUST under the wire LOL! With all the hustle and bustle this time of year, it's so easy to get wrapped up in the stress of it all and I have to say, I was especially guilty of it this year. However, looking at this card reminds me what I need to focus on this Christmas, and be grateful for the celebration of the birth of Jesus and what that means to me and my family.

I will say though, that as busy as it's been, getting wrapped up (heh heh) in all the hoopla of Christmas this year has still not caused me to lose sight of what is most important. My family is happy and healthy. My son's leg is getting stronger every day and that big smile...well, that says it all. We have a job. We have a warm home, and family nearby. We have everything we need and much more, and most of all, we have each other. I can't tell you what that means to me, I really can't. I am so grateful for all that we have and all that we continue to be blessed with. I have so many wonderful new friends, a few loyal old ones, and wonderful opportunities from companies who think I am worthy of working for them. Thinking about all of that really leaves me in awe. As it should...I am one very lucky girl.

Seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child...let alone four...is probably the most awe-inspiring thing about these next two days and I am even more grateful for the four beautiful babies I was blessed with. They know, as do I, that they are truly the best gifts I will ever receive...

My card that I share with you today to celebrate Christmas was made for this week's Prettie Girl Challenge. My sista Jillian issued this week's challenge, which was to "put a hole in it". The rules were, the hole had to be at least 1/8" in size and you can NOT fill it with anything...no brads, no nothin'. LOL. Admittedly, because of that, I was a little stumped! I decided to add to my doily lace border punch and punch 1/8' holes in the center of each "scallop". There ya go! Not one hole, but a few!

I used the new Nativity set from Paper Pretties and I just love this manger scene. Isn't it sweet? This card really put me in the Christmas spirit and I hope it does that for you, too! Be sure to check out the rest of the Prettie Girls' cards today..links on sidebar----------------->

Well, we are left with one tiny order of business...this week is MY week to issue a Challenge to the Prettie Girls! I was going through some new cardstock and these FOUR colors were together:

Kraft
Avocado (or Old Olive)
Ocean Tides (or Baja Breeze)
Dark Chocolate (Chocolate Chip)
Sooooo, my challenge to you girlies is to create a card using this color combo. Have fun with this and I can't wait to see what this talented group of Prettie Girls comes up with!

I will be back Friday with another Prettie Post...however, until then,

MERRY CHRISTMAS and ALL MY BEST Wishes for a Happy, Healthy, and Stamp-Filled 2009!

Hugs,
Jessica :)

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So glad to hear your son is doing so well. I too am grateful for all my blessings. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Love your card, Hugs Cindy

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

SUPER adorable card Jess! I really love it, the DP, colors, punch border, ribbon...fab! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

What a great card!! I love that stamp (since I used it too!) :) HOpe you and your family have a very Merry Christmas - stay safe and warm! :)

Jami said...

Love your holy card! I too am so very grateful for the many blessings in my life - you are one of them!!
Merry Christmas!
hugs, Jami

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Jess, I love it!! Merry Christmas!!

Janna said...

This is absolutely stunning as always!! It is true, sometimes we get caught up in all that is Christmas and forget about why were are celebrating it!! Wonderful job on the challenge!! Hope your Christmas was a good one!!

Smiles,
Janna