Monday, December 15, 2008

LPS Monday: Flip that Sketch!

Hey everyone!

Happy Monday! Well, it ended up being a TAD busier of weekend then I'd hoped, but it was a really good one. Lots of fun, and not a LICK of shopping done...ut oh....

I had a great weekend, though. Ended up working both days but had a blast and got to hang out with a friend for a bit and catch up. Got a lot of stamping done too...Dad was on duty and did a great job giving me some breathing room the last two days!

Well, today's LPS Monday happens to fall on the 15th of the month, which is also our Little Paper Shop monthly DT challenge! This month's challenge was a simple sketch issued by the AMAZING Laura Frederickson...did I mention she is AMAZING?!?! I am honored to work with her and such great gals on the LPS DT.

I had an idea of what I wanted to do with this pretty wrought-iron type image from the Flourished Dove set. You know how you just get an idea in mind sometimes? Well, it was all coming along beautifully until I realized that if I had kept the sketch the way it was, I'd be covering up the blue tree on that BG Figgy Pudding DP...talk about cooky...yeah, I get like that sometimes. Since my cardstock was blue, I really wanted to show off that blue tree. So, I inverted the sketch, and voila...there's the blue tree! I topped this card off w/ the Peace sentiment, also from the Flourished Dove stamp set.

Be sure to stay tuned to the Little Paper Shop in the coming weeks...as there will be some FABULOUS new releases and lots of fun stuff coming up! I'll be back tomorrow, same wacky channel..so stayed tuned!

Hugs,
Jess :)

11 comments:

Kimmie said...

Jess that card is so beautiful. I love the darker colors and the focus on the paper - not the stamping. I'mna give that a try.

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous! I *love* the stamps you used!!!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty, love how you fliped it.

Allison Rankin said...

Lovely work Jess...that middle piece is terrific with the flourishes!

Bonnie said...

Great how you flipped the sketch! I am thinking this was a requirement - both you are Laura did it! LOL!!

Stampinsilvia said...

ohhh what a great card! Love the colors!

Christi Flores said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! I love that sketch flipped!

Janna said...

Jessica, this really beautiful!! I love how the papers and colors all work together! Tnanks for the heads up about PCP. I had no idea!

Smiles,
Janna

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Gorgeous! Love that elegant and classy look you've got goin' on!

Jami said...

Beautiful!! I love these soft colors, and lovely way to showcase the wrought iron image!!
hugs, Jami

Shirley said...

Love that color combo and the design too~