Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday: He's a Natural...

Hello there!
It's another Twinkling Tuesday in blogland and I am SUPER excited to tell you this week that we have a VERY special guest sketch artist, a.k.a. "Temporary Twinkie" this week....my very own son, Jack! Check out his AMAZING sketch that he has for you this week:

Isn't it awesome!? Yep, in case you're wondering, this was drawn by my adorable six year old son and YES! This sketch calls specifically for paper piercing!!! lol. Can you imagine that there is ANYTHING greater to a six year old boy sitting down and stamping with mom, staring at that SUPER cool and SHARP tool...the paper piercer. "What is that Mom?" "It's a paper piercer". "What do you use it for?" "To poke little holes in paper"....'Why would you want to do that, Mom"...."because you can sew, pretend to sew, or just poke pretty patterns in your paper, honey". This is all ok for a while...until the next time, and the time after that....and then eventually, he is asking me "Mom! Where is that tool you use to put the little holes in the paper"?

Oh dear, and we are hooked on a cool new toy. LOL! So little by little, the asking starts to get more frequent...."Hey, Mom, can I watch you use that paper needle"...."Hey Mom, can you use the thing that makes the holes in the paper?"...lol get the point? "Mom, can I use that?" Ok, this is where we draw the line. Not quite age apppropriate, unfortunately.
Needless to say, it was with MUCH enthusiasm that I said yes when my little dude asked me to draw his own sketch for Twinkling Tuesday. I was thrilled! Paper piercing and all, this is a FABULOUS creation and I hope I did it justice!

I used the "Natural Boy" stamp from Lelo Design, made by Stampavie. I let Jack pick out the image that he wanted me to use since this was his big debut in the sketch world :) I had a GREAT time coloring this image and can't wait for Jack to draw some more sketches...as he is a "NATURAL" for sure! How fun!

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to see what the other TT has cooked up for ya today. Kim is our very special featured stamper this week on the Twinkling Tuesday blog...so be sure to check her out! Want to check out the rest of the Twinkle Team? Awesome! You'll be so glad you did! The links are on my sidebar.

Last but not least? I'd LOVE for you to play along! Please leave a comment on the Twinkling Tuesday blog linking your card so that all of the team can see...or if you choose to upload to SCS or PCP, use keyword MTTSC13. See you in sketchville! Hugs!

19 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Jess,

This card is adorable and sounds like Jacky is a huge paper piercer lover!!!

I love your card and the extra paper piercing in the triangles is adorable!!!

Looks like you Janna and I all did about the same thing in choosing a Boy Card for Jacky!!!

I love this image and the coloring, and I love the papers too!!!

Wonderful Job Jess!!!

Heather

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally adorable Jess!! I love it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh he is so sweet, excellent job.

Bonnie said...

So very cute Jess! Sounds like your Jack is a natural!!

Cassie said...

i just love this jess! what a fun, fun image!! you are selling me on these stampavie stamps!!!

Cathy said...

Jessica,

This is super cute!! I love the image and your coloring looks awesome!! Great card!!

Kimmie said...

This card is fabulous! I LOVE everything about it and it's so perfect since your son created the sketch too!

Kristine said...

This card is so cute Jessica!
And the sketch is so cool. I see your son has a talent for this;)
The image is also very cute;)
Hugs from Kristine

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

How TOTALLY adorable!! Fabu coloring, love love it. Hugs!

Darla said...

Love the card! As always, you did a great job on the coloring in bit...some day I'm going to have to get me some of those awesome markers! I'm glad Jack picked out that cute little boy for the focal image. Love the butterflies with it! (your signature!)

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!!!!!

Janna said...

Jess this i just adorable! I still am blown away that Jack came up with this amazing sketch! Incredible and I love the dialogue you included! I can almost hear it in my head! lOL!!

I know he will be pleased with this!! The paper piercing is divine and the coloring truly amaizng! I just love the rich warm colors you used and the gorgeous papers! i also like how you incorporated a little of you in there with the butterflies! He will treaure this piece of art for a long time I am sure!

Smiles,
janna

Javablustamper said...

Jess,
This is such a CUTE card!!! I just LOVE that image!!! GREAT boy card and GREAT sketch!!! You are SO talented girl!!! The coloring, the butterflies, the flower, GEEZ...the WHOLE creation!!! You ROCK!!! Hope you are well!! Take care!!!

kadie said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this card!!! I really love everything, but especially the added touch of the butterflies!

diane zechman said...

I agree...I love the added butterflies! I have this punch and have yet to use it. LOL. Very sweet card- love how you colored him!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Very cute stamp. I have to get more boy images and I really like this one. Jack is a clever dude. Unfortunately, I goofed! All of the colour challenge emailing got stuck in my brain and I did the challenges in the wrong order. Grrr! So I will do jack's sketch next week!

Elena said...

Your kids are so talented!!! And the story is so cute!
Love the card! Your coloring is so beautiful!!!

Shirley said...

He is just so cute and the whole scene is just adorable! Wonderful!

MichelleO said...

Super Cute card, but love the story even more! How adorable he must be...
HUGS
MichelleO