Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A "Gorjuss" Twinkling Tuesday...

...and Gorjuss it is indeed!

I was SO excited to meet up with Janna this weekend. I know I said that yesterday, but seriously we had a BLAST! While stamping, both of us practiced hair coloring techniques and well...I got to stamp a few of these cuties!

I HAVE to have this stamp. I really don't like to pay shipping, esp. international but seriously she is the CUTEST!

Our very own Kimmie's son Nicky was the "Temporary Twinkie" this week and chose a VERY challenging Blue, Purple, and Orange color combo for this week's Twinkling Tuesday challenge. Using the new Wisteria paper from Basic Grey I got the blue and purple down no problem, and then I added some orange to her hair, tights, and a few colorful brads to tie it all in and Voila! I think I like it! :)

I have to say that in times of trial, LOL, some of our best work is born, so be sure to check out the rest of the Twinkle Team's blogs today as I'm sure their creations are nothing short of amazing! Be sure to visit:

Want to play along with us this week? Be sure to use keyword MTTSC22 if you upload to SCS or PCP and leave a comment on the Twinkling Tuesday blog so we know you played along! Know any little ones that would like to be a "Temporary Twinkie"? Email me and we'd love to have your son or daughter issue a Guest Challenge!

Thanks for visiting and have a gGORJUSS day! ~Jessica :)

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

I have always loved this image Jessica and yes, her hair looks fabulous!! Your colouring is awesome! and love the layout! Okay I LOVe it all!

Kimmie said...

This card is nothing short of awesome!

Heather said...

This is terrific! I really need that stamp too! Great job getting that orange in there! Your card is awesome!

Cindy Haffner said...

Great layout, and so darling. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Janna said...

Jess this turned out incredible! Seriously!!! I love the hair! You did a great job with that! And I can't tell you how much fun I had this weekend! NOw I want to do it all the time! I am so, so spoiled!!! Great job with this color challenge! I like the orange brad that was super creative!!! Seriously though this is just stunning!!!

Smiles,
janna

kadie said...

Gorgeous, Gorjuss indeed!!! I love love love this...especially love how you did the hair but I also love the purples and the layout too!

Sandra MacLean said...

Ahhhh! I love this purple card Jess! My little girl is all about purple these days so this immediately reminded me of her. Aren't those gorjuss girls super sweet?! You did a fabulous job of coloring her in Jess! Great job on the challenge this week ((big hugs))

Darla said...

Love it Jess! The coloring is fabulous like always, especially that hair! And those tights are too cute. Great way to add that orange in the card. (as well as the brad). Great layout - and I love that punch along the bottom. You rocked the challenge!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwwww, this is SUCH an incredible sweet image. Love that YUMMY satin ribbon too. Beautiful!

Christi Flores said...

What a wonderful image!! This is gorgeous!!

Tammy said...

Super cute. Love the boarder punch and the layout.
Great Job.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Here hair looks amazing!! This is precious!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I can tell you have been practicing hair colouring. When you wrote that, my first thought was that you guys were training to be hair dressers. Then my brain kicked in and I realized what you meant. Only took a few seconds-really! I am ok with hair shadows but not so good with highlights! Great way to incorporate tricky colours using Wisteria paper. I am DYING to get my hands on some!

WickedPixie said...

Jessica, she is so pretty! Your hair looks fabulous, too! And I love the new blog look! :-) Traci

Heather Schlatter said...

O.K.

You know what I have to say about the new blog thing and I am not even going to go into it!!!

Sickning I really want to go throw up right now!!!

So No I am leaving my snow on my blog until you change this!!!!!

I was going to mail you a card this week but you have sickened me now and I do not think you deserve it now!!!!

Love the card the coloring is great and her hair is very pretty she is a fun one to color up that is for sure!!!

Heather

Elena said...

Wow! How beautiful! Your coloring is amazing, Jessica!

diane zechman said...

very sweet card!