Thursday, February 25, 2010

You are my Sunshine...and my Rainbow, too...

Hello my lovelies!!!

***I have TWO POSTS today, and I would SO appreciate if you scroll down to see my GREETING FARM post and also some pics of my adorable sister :)   Thank you so much!***

Definitely a day to cherish family here on the ol' blog, although EVERY day should be good for that!   So you all might remember the other day I posted the BEAUTIFUL PICTURE that my 9 year old DD drew me.  You can see that picture HERE.

I was so touched by her beautiful sentiment and the AMAZING soul that she has at only 9 years old that I wanted to make her a card to tell her how much she means to me!  I have to say though I'm setting quite the precedent here-my kids are all getting to the point that if I go too long w/out sticking a card in their lunchbox they think something is up, LOL!   But a beautiful drawing that i will hang onto FOREVER definitely deserves a little recognition, don't you think?

I was SO BUMMED when I went to grab my "Sunshine and Lollipops" 6x6 pad from Sassafrass Lass and to my dismay, the paper w/ the rainbows on it were ALL used up!   BUT ALAS!  There was the COVER of the paper pad!!!   Yep, I went there!   I tore that cover RIGHT OFF and even cut out the words "Sunshine" and "Lollipop" to make her a card that totally fit her BEAUTIFUL drawing!   YAY!

So here's what I came up with, using this beautiful sentiment from the UNITY FEBRUARY Kit of the Month:

I LOVE that saying!   That is what I want for all of my kids, and you guys all know that's why I adore Angela the artists at Unity-the stamps are whimsical, and the sentiments are SO poignant to me and I love being able to express myself through their stamps.    LOVE ME SOME UNITY!

I also used the new "Stitched Greetings" set available at UNITY RETAILERS!  You can click on the home page for a list of stores that carry Unity!

Are you guys signed up yet for the Kit of the Month Club?   You can find all the info about that HERE.  And stay tuned...I have another Unity-related announcement coming next week that I can't WAIT to share with you!  For now, be sure to check out the UNITY BLOG-it's had a makeover and it's FABULOUS, I must say!  Check out what Ang has going on for you today and be sure to visit my beautiful teamies, too:



and our lovely and TALENTED-SUPER TALENTED! Guest DT, Latisha Yoast!

For now, thanks for stopping by, and take time to see every rainbow in your life!   And this is for Madelynn, and my three other "rainbows":

"May FLOWERS always line your path and sunshine light your day; May SONGBIRDS serenade you every step along the way; May a RAINBOW run beside you in a sky that's always blue, and may HAPPINESS fill your HEART each day your whole life through..."

31 comments:

Islander Girl said...

Oooh I love your card and who would have known where you got the paper from! It's a beautiful card with a beautiful saying!!! You're such a great mom!!!

MarkerGeek said...

Gorgeous card! And loved checking out Madelynn's picture - so sweet!

Randi said...

Super sweet card Jessica!!! Love the Sass DP with that amazing sentiment!!

Emma said...

OMG Gorgeous card, I love it. I love the paper and the colors and the sentiment. Fantastic job Jessica!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous!! My madi would love this card!! Madi is 9 too your dd reminds me of her. My hubby leaves tomorrow for a month and tonight she wrote a note in his work diary saying I love u daddy!! She too is 9! Love love!! The sentiment so very perfect for the meaning and this gorgeous card!!

♥Rach♥ said...

I LOVE this card! The sentiment is wonderful and the layout, colors and paper are just perfect. Really beautiful Jess!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

I love this Jessica so cute another amazing creation!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Jess this is just so darn SWEET!!

Kim said...

That is so sweet and I admire your resourcefulness in using the top of the pad!

Ann Kranitz said...

Okay girl, for two days now my coffee has tasted alittle salty with the tears that you have brought to my eyes with your sweet and wonderful posts!! Your heart is so sweet and pure, it is no wonder your daughters is also and the sweet words for your sister make me miss mine too much!!! Forget the cards today my friend, I am commenting on YOU and YOU are FANTASTICAL!!! I love stopping by everyday and I really dont mind salty coffee every so often!!! LOL HUGS to you!~!~

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, what a sweet sweet card!
I love that you used the cover, brilliant!

TFS! hugs, margie

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Jessica this is PERFECT!!! LOVE IT :D

Bonita Rose said...

so beautiful.. I love that stitched set.. gonna be ordering that one!

Jen Shults said...

Oh goodness this is cute! I finally got my KOM yesterday... I can't wait to bust that sucker out and use it. :D Really wonderful stamps this month!!

Latisha said...

How fun is this! Especially with that yummo Sassafras paper!!

Rona said...

super cute!! I have that 6 x 6 pad too I better pull it out and see what I have left!

Kelly Mahany said...

Jessica you card for your daughter is amazing!! I love that you tore the cover right off your paper pad! Great idea!

Jodi C. said...

OH I LOVE THIS!!! Hey, I use covers and cover sheets all the time (packaging too) and yours looks FABULOUS and no one would know if you didn't tell!!! I LOVE these sentiments in this kit too!!! It is definitely my fav for sentiments.

That picture your daughter made for you is SO SWEET!!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!
{HUGZ}

Heather said...

Such a super fun design! Love it!

Christi Flores said...

Too cute!! I love everything about this card!!

Brooke said...

Love it Jess! Totally BRIGHT and FUN!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Jess...LOVE it! The colours you chose are just awesome! REALLY beautiful card! Xx

Danni said...

Aww, so sweet, I love the reason behind the card as much as I love the card!

WickedPixie said...

Jess, this is so fresh and pretty! I love that Sassyfrass paper and how you used it! :-)Traic

~kelly marie~ said...

So cute!! Love that bird!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this card Jess....PERFECT Colors and such a sweet little Bird!!

marcy h. said...

Love this card!!

StacyC said...

Very sweet card...

Mary Giles said...

Now that is being resourceful! When you gotta have it...you gotta have it. Right? LOL. Your card is super sweet and even sweeter is the story and who it is for.

Angela said...

Jess, this is just so sweet!! I love reading your blog and the love you have for your family is just wonderful!! Alot of times you make my heart fill with more love and also some tears roll down my cheeks!! You are one awesome Mommy!!! I think your DD will love this!! I want one in my lunchbox!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Eva said...

Jessica, this is sooo beautiful!!! I love your use of the perfect paper for the little birdie..just gorgeous!!!