Thursday, April 29, 2010

Grandma's are the BEST...

Hello, everyone!


Thanks so much for staying so long today and hanging out with me for all three of my posts today.    I have one more fun PREVIEW from The Greeting Farm to share!   It's a really cute, folksy set, nothing like we've done before.   We're introducing the TGF "Grandparents", lovingly named "Flo" and "Joe"!


There's a TON going on over at the TGF Blog today too-DT announcements, Scrapbook Challenges, Previews...whew!  My head is spinning...and it's only the beginning!

I want to extend a HUGE congrats and welcome to MERCY KERIN!   Mercy will be joining TGF as an official "FARMER" after serving as Gardener and also as a member of our Critter Crew for a few months as well.    Her first official Preview as a Farmer is TODAY so please stop by her blog and wish her a warm welcome!

I have to laugh at my card today...if you have been to my blog a time or two, even as recently as Tuesday this past week, I posted a picture of my Mom.  She's SO beautiful and not that little Flo here isn't but my mom looks SO young.    I just don't picture her ever as that "little granny" with her apron and rolling pin, LOL.   She does love to bake, but haha, alas, I can't say that this is the kind of card my kids would normally give my Mom.    I have a feeling that I'm gonna get a reaction out of her if and when they DO give this to her, LOL!  

At any rate though, Flo is just TOO sweet!  I loved this Cherry Delicious retro paper from Sassafrass so much I knew just who I wanted to use it when Marie debuted this cute new set!

Be sure to check out the rest of the Farmer's today and check out their previews, as well as the TGF Scrapbook DT!  It's Thursday and time for another FAB Challenge:




Thanks everyone!

Over the river and through the woods....

Jess ;)  xoxo

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card, Jess! Everything is so perfect!

Unknown said...

this grandma is the bestest! too stinkin' sweet, jess! love the stitching, the border punches, and the lace ribbon/button embellies!

Jen Shults said...

Oh goodness how cute is she! I love all the different takes on coloring her I've seen around. She's very versatile! Love this sweet card Jess! :D Hugs!

Sheri Gilson said...

She is too cute!! Darling card, Jess!!

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute!!! Love this set Jess...your card is just Adorable!!

Bobbi said...

Great card. Love that you didn't color her hair grey. My mom is not the typical looking gram either.

Kim said...

My mom does look like this which is why I love this set so much. Love your beautiful card!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, what a sweet card!
But I have to admit, Grandpa stole my heart today! He looks just like my Dad, lol! Although, I'm not sure how our Papa would feel about that ;)

Happy Thursday!
hugs, margie

kris said...

this grandma and grandpa set is the perfect addition to the farm!! super sweet and totally cute!! =D

Cindy Haffner said...

GRANNY is adorable.

Danni said...

Oh my goodness! She is just too sweet! Lovin' this release so far!

Heather Schlatter said...

Jess this card is seriously one of my very favorites of yours I love love love it!!!!! I love your coloring and I love your image so super adorable!!!!!

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

Tasha said...

Oh this is really sweet Jess, i love the goreous papers and fun layout
love tasha xx

KanataNewf said...

Love the new grandparents - very cute.

Andrea Murdock said...

SHUT.UP. Okay..I love them...seriously...I need them now. Can't wait. Especially for my mom's mother's day card. Jess...I adore this card! And your mom does look very young! Just like her daughter with 4 kiddies!

Melyssa said...

Jess this card is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow and a perfect card for my MIL as she sews and this is so vintage and has all the "sewing" elements of lace, buttons and stitiching.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally adorable!! And yes, your mom DOES look young, lol!! It will be awhile before this one will be appropriate!!

Randi said...

Oh, a vintage Grannie card!! Super cute!! I love that yellow!!!

Stampinsilvia said...

Your card is adorable! Lovin that lace and scalloped edge!

kadie said...

OH this is CUUUUUUUUUTE! Love your coloring and great use of those papers too!