Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May Flowers...

Hello again!

Thanks for scrolling down to get here.   Well, we know that April Showers bring MAY FLOWERS...but I have to say, these May showers here in Nashville were SOMETHING else.

My heart goes out to the thousands of people who have lost their homes, their memories...businesses that are losing money...it just goes out to so many.  The utter devastation here is remarkable and you don't really "get" it unless you've seen it...and even then we are in our own little 'bubble'.  We are only 9 miles away from the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, which the last I heard had 3 to 9 FEET of water on the first floor...The famous LP field looks like a lake, and the aerial shots of the city, esp downtown Nash are really heartbreaking.   We are so blessed to have escaped most of it but I feel really called to action now and hope we can do something, regardless of how small it might be, to help.  You can help too:

If you text REDCROSS to 90999 you can donate $10 for the Nashville Flood Relief Fund.   We are going through some old clothes and bedding and are going to take them down today(granted we can get there) as it saddened me to a great degree to see some of the most gorgeous homes with cars in the driveway and the cars were up to the hood, even some roofs with water.   Our school was closed yest. and today for inside flooding but they were able to clean it up quickly as we were nowhere near as bad as the city itself.

Thanks for listening to me...it's just one of those things I was almost immune to (granted, we had other stuff going on, but still...) even as it was happening but now in the aftermath all I want to do is help.   God bless the awesome people of TN, the Red Cross, and Natl Guard who are all banding together to help!  THAT part does my heart good, definitely!!!

Well, despite all the rain, the May flowers are sprouting up all around us, so here's my card today using the newly released FLEUR ANYA (available now at The Greeting Farm!) for today's WCW Challenge at CLUB ANYA & FRIENDS:

Be sure to stop by the Club Anya and Friends blog to see some other fab floral samples and a special treat today, too!  Our very own DT diva Kim Costello has a wonderful tutorial on the blog today, too!

Thanks everyone!
Jessica :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS, Jess!

kris said...

You have such a kind heart!!! Prayers and thoughts will be with you all... Love the WCW card!! she's is absolutely darling!! =D

Peggy said...

I think you may have found your true home with your kind heart. Tennessee is famous for their giving in times of crisis. That is why it is called the "Volunteer" State! I was always proud of that fact when I lived there.
Your card is super cute and I love the new Anya and your ribbon treatment!

Jen Shults said...

Oh Jess... you are such a kind spirit. Yes definitely, it's time to help. After I leave here I'm off to see what I can donate.

Your card is just gorgeous. I love this new image and those flowers you've added are AMAZING!!

kadie said...

Gorgeous! That flowery ribbon treatment is stunning and you've colored up Miss Fleur so beautifully!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh SWEET, love those roses!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

VERY pretty!! Love the flowers!!

Tasha said...

WOW! Beautiful card Jess, love the mix of colours ad the fabulous DP's you have used. Awesome colourwork too
love tasha xx