Thursday, July 8, 2010

...one (beautiful) MOMENT at a TIME...

"You're writing the story of your life...one MOMENT at a TIME..."

Now...if I could only FREEZE it....sigh... it seems like just yesterday that this little baby was well....a baby.   These kids grow up so fast-there is no stronger a symbol of how FAST time truly flies... I remember my Dad used to tell me ALL the time "It seems like just yesterday you were so little", etc., etc.... Funny how that works...funny how every roll of my eyes back then in response to him is now every pang of my heart.  Cuz yeah, I know EXACTLY what he meant...what he still means....

Today at The Greeting Farm we have a scrapbook challenge issued by the very talented, sweet and warm Jeannette-to use TIME in your layout.  Be it a watch, clock, etc.  Some element of TIME.

This is my Ava baby last summer at The Hermitage, the home of President Andrew Jackson, only about 10 minutes away from us.  It's a beautiful plantation and we like to visit, especially in the Spring when the magnolias are in bloom.    This adorable, peek-a-boo baby is starting preschool in the fall....HOW exactly did THAT happen?


"Realize that now, in this moment of TIME, you are creating. You are creating your next MOMENT... ~S. Paddison 

Be sure to check out the TGF Blog to see the rest of the DTs beautiful samples:



That's all for me for now...thanks for spending some TIME with me :)  Oh-and like the paper?  It's Graphic 45!  Be sure to tune into the UNITY blog and my next post to check out a SUPER fun swap w/ this awesome company!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love this vintage page! Geat job, Jess!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Fabulous! Love the vintage feel! :)

FibreJunky said...

Great page and just the sweetest picture!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG Jess this is so vintage and gorgeous I just LOVE it!! Wow you are whipping up amazing work girl!
Kristy xx

Tasha said...

Wow Jess this vintage style page is beautiful, i love all the stamps you have used and the gorgeous photo
love tasha xx

Lisa H. said...

wow! great layout!

Eva said...

Ohhh...I am so glad I scrolled down, this is such a gorgeous layout!

Shaela said...

this is stunning Jess - LOVE it!! the team did fab as well! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Jess THIS is truly GORGEOUS!!!!

Patty said...

Love your layout!!! I adore the monochromatic look!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Stunning vintage layout, Jess! I adore the look and color! Your baby girl is so cute!
I feel you, my baby boy is starting PreK this fall too! What will I do with my 2 and a half hours of freedom?!
hugs to you! ~ margie

Danni said...

Awww, so so precious!

Jacilynn said...

Love these dark colors. Great pic. x

Jen Shults said...

This is really gorgeous. I like the black and white with the vintagey tan. And I love those cut out butterflies. I'm going to have to use this set more. I really love it but haven't made myself use it enough. Very very nice!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love it!!