Thursday, May 5, 2011

some RAK's and some News...am I deconstructing?!?...

Why yes, yes I am...
...but we'll get to that in a sec!

I have some REALLY awesome stampy friends.
If you are reading this, chances are you are one of them!  ;)

Every once in a while, I like to gather some RAK's (random acts of kindness cards!) that I get in the mail and share...so today, on this SUPER sun-shiney Cinco de Mayo...here we go!

My sweet friend and now, fellow HELMAR DT sister CARISA sent me this gorgeous card using Sweet and Toxic from The Greeting Farm...and what she wrote on the inside, if you can believe this, was even MORE beautiful <3  Thank you sweetie!


The very awesome RONA sent me this beauty as a thank you for the UNITY blog candy she won during my goodbye post...isn't it gorgeous?  Totally unnecessary, too- those are the best!

Next up is the sweet and talented Tiffany Johnson, love this w/ the decorative tapes!  Thanks Tiff!  oh, and now that I'm on a Mixed Media kick?  My washi tapes are giving me a whole new reason to pull them out of my stash!

Last but not least,  my adorable, and LOCAL friend, Trisha Stanley, sent this to me!  I feel so special to have received it, b/c it was my fave image from Suzanne Dean's Copic class that I met Trisha at.  And she added a butterfly...see?  Even our new friends pay close attention to our likes/dislikes and she added that just for me!  LOVE it!

You've probably heard me talk about Trisha before, as she and her partner Missy are the masterminds behind SINCERELY SOLDERED, the company who made my AMAZING Mommy pendant below:


Be sure to check out their FACEBOOK page too, where you can see my pendant, the pendant I got for Marie as a baby gift, and TONS more examples....you might be LATE for Mother's day, but hey, when Mom sees this, it won't matter...or perhaps YOU'RE the mommy and you want to get this for yourself?  I totally think you should ;)

...and LAST but not least...let's talk about a friend who I've known for a few years now, who's made the trek to Nashville to visit me...and who JUST so happened to have asked me to join her BRAND NEW Sketch Blog????

You guessed it!  My awesome pal JEN SHULTS is starting her own sketch challenge that debuts MAY 12, a week from today, and she's asked ME  (amongst a ton of other TALENTED ladies, and some girls I can't wait to work with again!) to be on the DT!  I know, I know, I'm gonna be a busy girl, but these are the best kinds of challenges b/c Jen's sketches are uh, A-MAZING and I can combine it w/ other stuff, so I'm super stoked to be able to draw from that inspiration!  WOO HOO!   

You can read all about the announcement HERE!  Be sure to grab a BADGE while you're there too, and stay tuned for all the deets and our first challenge on MAY 12th.   

WHEW...I'm exhausted, you?  I'm off to press my little one's Easter Dress as tonight is the big pre-school Spring program and I cannot WAIT...lotsa kleenex packed in this momma's bag!  MWAH!

~xoxo,
Photobucket

12 comments:

Tiff said...

Jessica!!! Congrats on all the amazingly awesome news!!!! You are HAWT! Can't believe my little ole card wound up on your blog! So glad it arrived safely :) HUGS!

Katrina Hunt said...

Congrats Ms. Jess!!!! and look at all those lovely cards!!!! hugs, Katrina

StampinCathy said...

Congrats Jess! I just love all your beautiful cards and pendants! You are one amazing person!

Leanne said...

O wow, that's awesome! Congrats Jess!! I know Jen's sketches are awesome. Can't wait to check out it out. Thanks for sharing the beautiful RAKS. Have a wonderful day! :)

Jen Shults said...

Look at the haul you made! Holy cow!!! That necklace is gorgeous. WOW!!! That would be super fantastic on a long vintage chain... YUM!!

Thanks for the shout girly. I muchly appreciate you!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS! That is AWESOME! I love love love the cards and goodies you got!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Emma said...

Who's been a spoilt girl! Love all your cards and a great BIG congrats on your new DT, I for one can't wait to play along!

Kelly Booth said...

Looks like fun mail to me sweet girl....congrats on another DT for you.....love tour stuff Jess! Hugs...

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all these beautiful creations/RAKs, Jess. You deserve them, you are one awesome, sweet girl!
A huge congrats to you, Jess! I lvoe Jen's sketches! Can't wait!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! LOVE these creations--all of them! How fun that you got some happy mail!!! LOVE that you are on another DT!! You are just amazing and rocking this crafting world:) Wish I had a bit of your talent or was on a team with you!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Tasha said...

Oh congrats hun, cant wait to see what you make
love tasha xx

Jessie/knightrone said...

Congrats on being on Jen's new team, how fun. You know I love a sketch! Great RAK's, too!