Thursday, December 8, 2011

Puttin' the SMAK down on Deconstructed Thursday...

Hey, there, friends!

{{{if you are looking for The Craft's Meow BLOG HOP, click HERE.  Thanks!}}}

So....
I AM...
(just as this card suggests ;)
...puttin' a little SMAK down today for the Deconstructed Sketch :)

I have been itching to get inky with Unity's new "SMAK" Kits (a monthly scrapbooking/mixed media/art kit- you HAVE to check it out!) and this sketch was the perfect jumping off point.  Here's DS30:

My card today uses stamps from the NOVEMBER and DECEMBER SMAK kit:

Like the star?  I had soooo much fun pouring some chunky glass glitter from my sweet friend Lydia -couldn't have been a more perfect embellishment for this project today :)  Kinda fun, right?

Unity has a TON going on today.  My Hip-Hop group isn't hopping this week but I have to give you the low-down cuz it's too good to miss:

BRAND NEW Phyllis Harris stamps release today- they are SOOOO stinkin' cute, OMGosh.  I know that I'll be in a coloring mood this weekend and this will be the first thing I reach for ;)

Oh- and check out THIS set- "You're the Ticket".  LOOOVE IT!

..and I NEED this one "Christmas to all" by the sweet Lesley Langdon!

There is a TON of NEW, NEW, NEW going on so be sure to check out the UNITY blog today to find out all the happenings...I love it!

Last but not least, check out the rest of the Deconstructed Sketch crew to see their take on today's awesome sketch:


xoxo,
Photobucket

7 comments:

Emma said...

Ooooh Jess, this is Fabulous! I do love that star with the chunky glitter, Gorgeous! I love this Nov SMAK kit, I got it in the post only a couple of weeks ago and I actually pulled it out today to play with. I love what you have done with it!

Jen Shults said...

This is really gorgeous jess! I love the papers you used and I am loving the new SMAK kit. I've used mine already!!! LOVE that glittery star too. :) LY!!

mousekemom said...

Seriously cute, Jess! Now, how do you keep track of all the DT commitments? Talk about seriously organizational skills and keeping track of your hubby and kids on top of it all...I am not worthy...even this supermom knows her limits. You must run like an energizer bunny. LOL Thanks for blessing me with your friendship!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! I really do love that sparkly star! and these stamps are awesome! My wishlist keeps growing and growing :) Thanks!
hugs to you!
margie xo

Rachel Parys said...

Oooooo... I love that glittery star! Very cool card, it's so hip!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Love the black highlights--love the papers--LOOOOOOOOVE that glittered star! YOU ROCK!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, love that glitter!