Monday, October 26, 2009

The Holidays are knockin' on our door!...

{{{THANK YOU SO much in advance for scrolling down to view my Little Paper Shop post...there is a TON of Holiday cheer for ya on my blog today!  ;) }}}

Can you BELIEVE it?  There are only 59 "sleeps" til Christmas???  I sure can't!   Just yesterday my Mom started talking to me about who was going where and when and my head started to spin...this year is going to be particularly interesting because it's the first year that our family is truly scattered everywhere.  I'll keep ya posted on the family madness that ensues...it should make for a good laugh if anything.


For now though, I couldn't WAIT to share with you this sweet SARAH KAY image from Stampavie!  This card was made last month for our October Newsletter.  Are you getting the Stampavie Newsletter, "Stampavie Creations"?  Well, I sure hope so...cuz  it's chock-full of seasonal eye candy and well, just happens to be written by little ol' moi ;)   Not getting it in your inbox?  You can sign up HERE.

This Sarah Kay stamp "Noel Charity" is my absolute favorite of her "SK NOEL" line of Holiday stamps this year.  I must share that when I was little, I had a coat that looked EXACTLY the way I colored it.  The little girl in this image also has hair very similar to the way my Mom would do mine for holidays, and I was ALWAYS the first one to the door at my Aunt's house when we'd get there for Christmas dinner.  So, one "VIRTUAL LEAP" is all it takes and I am RIGHT back there.

I have so many childhood memories that I cherish, and Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, so this card is just super close to my heart and I'm honored to share it with you.  

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoy telling the story behind it.   Warm holiday hugs...
~Jessica :)

26 comments:

Randi said...

Beautiful card!! And, I think it's so great that you created it in a way that so strongly connects you to a childhood memory!!
I know no matter where your family is, you will have a wonderful and memorable holiday. Who knows maybe you will all come together somehow. Things always have a way of working out. :o)

Loving all your warm fuzzy holiday cards! Time to crack out the cocoa! Oh, wait, it was 80 here today!

kris said...

Wonderful card! hits the heart... perfect for those times when the family comes home to spend the holidays... it makes the holidays just that much better! hugs, Kris

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Jess, that is beautiful, thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us, and your precious childhood memories; I do love hearing the stories behind peoples cards, really touches my heart.:)

Have a great day
Suzi
xxx

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous! Love the way you colored her, and what a fun layout too. :)

Lynda Nielsen said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Jessica! And all the more special because of your special childhood memories!
I love the contrast in colors that you used here, it really makes that adorable image stand out!
Big Hugs
Lynda

Pam Varnell said...

This is so pretty and I love those colors. Great memories!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Jess this is so sweet.

Kim said...

That is so sweet and so beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is freakin' adorable! Where do you buy your Stampavie from? I clicked on the link and it went right to their site. I have been looking for some and all the on-line stores have been sold out!!! There are a couple I HAVE TO HAVE!!!! LOL

Claudia said...

Super cute card Jessica!!

59 sleeps!!!! Oy! Not sure if I should thank you for that reminder... heehee!!

Love your work!

Claudia (DCRU)

kadie said...

This is adorable! I love the colors and the texture. My eyes are really drawn in to this image. Beautiful card!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Jess...so Darn cute!
I just Love Christmas and all the memories.....

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card Jess!!

Unknown said...

Jess....This card is sooo amazing!! Just two word honey...Beautiful and elegant!! I LOVE seeing what you have come up with next!! Xx

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card! I need her now, lol.

Unknown said...

What an adorable card!! So cute Jessica!:)

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Jessica!

Danni said...

This is so pretty!! You really did a great job on it!

niteowl77 said...

Jess this card is stunning! I love the deep rich blue you used for the dress. I can't imagine what it looks like in person if it looks this amazing in a photo. We missed you here in B-Town last Sat. Hope to see you again soon!

Cheers!

Tammy said...

Hi Jessica
I just love it.
Oh the details....the embossed panel the piercing. It's so wonderful. That stamp is amazing and so wonderfully colored.

Lori said...

This is absolutely beautiful...the colors, the layout, the image...wow. All of it just makes for a perfect card. I think I say this a lot but your coloring is truly AMAZING. I am really blown away by your talent. Great job!

diane zechman said...

love this- beautiful card!

Elena said...

Oh, this card is so precious!
And I enjoy reading your stories, Jessica! That what makes your crafting very special!

AJ said...

cuuuuute card! btw- please stop telling me how many days are left until Christmas! ack- i feel soooo behind already and we haven't passe haloween yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

gobeagirl said...

Beautiful card!! I love it and thanks for sharing your wonderful memories...Lisa G

Mira said...

Such a beautiful card :)
I'm sorry I came here to tell you this, but I didn't want everyone at Club Anya to know I must be stupid:
I didn't find your e-mail address anywhere (to send my address)...

So could you please please send me e-mail so I can send you one...?

mira.katajainen@pp.inet.fi


Mira/Mimiko :D