Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pretty Pirate...and a DOUBLE DARE?!?!

Hey everyone!

Today we are celebrating "Whimsical Wednesday" at the Diedrich Dare with a DOUBLE-TAKE!

Our fellow DT Daredevil Heather has her two girls, Willow and Piper joining us today as Guest Designers....SKETCH designers, that is!

Here are the two sketches you can choose from:


We are still celebrating the AMAZINGLY generous sponsor this month of the DIEDRICH DARE, Sweet Pea Stamps!  Have you guys tried using them yet?  I have to say that I was a little intimidated to color them at first, and I'm only telling you this because I really didn't HAVE to be!   I ADORE the beautiful, whimsical designs, and the awesome quality of the deeply etched red rubber that Lynette manufactures.  The stamps are nice and large too which I LOVE.

I used Willow's sketch today.   Willow, I didn't quite do the "heart" shape but hey, I got the ribbon, flower, and ribbon down pat!  I actually REALLY like how my card came out despite being a little stumped at first w/ this one!   Do you like it Willow?  I HOPE SO!!!

I used the beautiful "Unregrettable Pirate Life", illustrated by Ching-Chou Kuik.   This card is dedicated to my girl, Randi, the Dark Mermaid herself :) TOTALLY reminds me of her!   Love ya, girlie!  Thanks for putting this all together for the DARE!

Be sure to head over to the DARE blog to see more about this DOUBLE DARE issued this week by Piper and Willow and check out the lovely and talented ladies that ARE the Diedrich Daredevils:



See you tomorrow for some HIP HOPPIN' good times!

17 comments:

Tasha said...

Stunning card Jess, i ove the imae you have used. Your colouring is awesome. Such super yummy papers too! Love it
love tasha xx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Wow This has turned out AMAZING!!! You have coloured this just beautifully!! And I love the dp you have used too.
Kristy xx

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Naoual said...

Oh, WOW this is STUNNING Jess!! Really LOVE the colour combo and your colouring looks awesome!! Great job.

Hugs, Naoual xx

StampinCathy said...

This is just stunning and love the details and dp.

Welcome! said...

This is GORGEOUS Jess! I love all the stitching and dps and ribbon and colouring, well you get the point, its fabulous!!! LOVE it!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

ROCK-ON my friend!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love this incredible card!! Your coloring of the sweet Pea image is downright stunning!! So vibrant and beautiful!! Love your take on the sketch!
hugs,
Chris

WickedPixie said...

Amazing, Jess! I love it! :-)Traci

kris said...

OMGosh!!! you did fabulous with this mermaid!! she's gorgeous Jess! Fantastic take on Willow's sketch, i think you really hit that one!! =D

Danni said...

WOW!!! This is outstanding! Gorgeous creation!!

Jen Shults said...

I think this turned out fabulous! I love these colors together and your stitching is just the perfect accent!! Awesome job!! Hugs!!

Randi said...

GENIOUS!!! You are so creative with your layouts!! Love the idea of the two papers! Clever girl!! GORGEOUS pirate!!! Love the colors!!! The blue hair is awesome!!

Sara Henton said...

This came out awesome. I'm laughing a little because I so almost colored my girls hear blue too this week. Great minds think a like, eh? MISS YOU!!

allyson joy said...

Love that pirate girl - she's perfect!!!! Hey love, I sent you an email in response to the comment you left,,, maybe it went to your spam?? Lemme know what cha need :-). Have a great day!!!
{xoxo} Ally

Cassie said...

well i love it! great job coloring - you always do a beautiful job with that i can't imagine you being intimidated - by anything!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE that image!! Very cool, and your coloring is wonderful!!