Thursday, March 13, 2008

BRING ON SPRING!



SPRING IS IN THE AIR!!!!




The clocks are set forward, the capris and sandals in storefront windows, and the mercury FINALLY rising. I have such Spring fever I don't even know where to begin! I have been a stamping fool these last few days, and it's all revolved around the new Papertrey Ink colors and supplies!



I made this first card for my friend Darla. We've both had sort of rough, busy weeks and I wanted to tell her how much I appreciate her friendship through it all.


I had been wanting to do a "belly band" type card for a while now, but was already working on this pocket card when it hit me that it might work FABULOUSLY together! The new Papertrey Ink CS in Aqua mist and Spring moss definitely help set the tone of freshness and Spring time! In addition, the new Everyday Blessings designer paper from Papertrey added the perfect touches and helped this card become a Spring Sensation!




OH BABY have I had babies on the brain lately! 3 out of 4 of my children are born in March, and the birthdays keep a coming so, so fast. This rite of passage makes me happy and sad each year. While watching my children turn 8, 6 and 6 (yes, twins) this year, the revelation that my two year old is growing up faster than the other three combined doesn't help matters much! I am so blessed to have such a big, wonderful family. To me, the bigger the better on most days. There have been serious moments of contemplation over these last few months as to whether or not we can and should have more kids. I'll never say never, but at this point, we are staying put with four.


That doesn't mean I can't make cute baby cards for others, though, right? Check out this GORGEOUS designer paper from the PTI Everyday Blessings line. It's delicious!

I also discovered that masking the extra sentiments on the larger oval stamps from the Just Hatched set gives this set a TON more versatility. For pointers, view my gallery on the PTI Forum if and when you have time.

How early is Easter this year, you ask? EARLY! March 23rd to be exact (and speaking of March bday madness, the day before my Hubby's bday, as well...can you say BROKE?)
A Fresh Spring Garden sounds like the perfect scenario this Easter season and is exactly what I hope to see sprouting all around us soon. This card actually came to fruition from a mistake I made, which was bleeding some Palette ink right onto my CS on the front of this card. However, after using some Everyday blessings Designer Paper, we were able to take care of that little problem.
Someone in my family is going to be getting this card, with "Easter wishes" scripted at the bottom, so I hope they like it! The new colors at papertrey, whether it be this "robin's egg blue" or fresh-cute green are absolutely divine. This a wonderful time of year and I look forward to sharing it with family and friends. Thank you for looking!

No comments: