Thursday, March 20, 2008

HAPPY SPRING!



FIRST DAY OF SPRING TODAY!!!




So, what better a time for me to pull out my brand new Live Your Dream set from SU and create a "Spring Flowers" theme...right? I am so excited about the warmer weather coming I can't even tell you!

March brings LOTS of special people to the spotlight for me. My eldest daughter and twin sons were born this month. My husband's birthday is next week, along with my best friend Karin in Arizona. With the latter two people in mind, I wanted to create a simple but elegant card and also have LOTS of room to write to tell these two special people how much they mean to me. I was literally awoken by this idea this morning, and here's how it came to light:


I used Long Notes by Stampin Up (SU) as the background and added their Afternoon Tea Designer paper (DP) for the bottom half of card. I used SU double-stitched ribbon (LOVE IT!) as a cheery accent to tie both kinds of paper together, and finished it off with a knotted bow.


The new Live Your Dream stamp set from the SU Occasions Mini catalog just might be the best set SU has come up with in a LONG time. The elegant, long-stemmed flower makes for a great focal point and celebrates Spring the way it deserves to be this year...it's been a LONG TIME COMING!!!!

I liked this layout so much that I decided to make a bunch of cards this way, so here's a sampling of how they came out. The SU Sincere Salutations set is the perfect phrase set to compliment the elegance of the flower on this card. I really enjoyed my morning today!!! Can you tell??? Thanks for visiting!

No comments: