Friday, May 2, 2008

Cutie Cupcake ATC




Sorry for the delay in blogging...we just returned from vacation and I've been having computer "issues"...I HAVE been blogging my vaca. but it's not published yet...a few more details to add as we had a whirlwind of a time!

Anyway, what a great time I had swapping with my fellow SCS gals again! Originally I had set this up to host the swap, but at the last minute had someone drop and since we had a tidy, even # to start, I decided to throw this together last minute to make things easier.

I was happy to use the new Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush papers from Papertrey Ink, along with their "pink patterns" designer paper. You can never make a cupcake card too pink or girly, ya know...

I created a doubled ribbon effect with Sweet blush grosgrain and Berry Sorbet double stitched ribbon. Garnishing the cupcake I used one of my age-old faves, liquid applique and also some stickles to "top it off"...literally! What a fun project this was. I plan to adapt a regular-scale version of this ATC to post on TWB site-I figure it will make for a nice kids' b-day card or a kid at heart like myself :)

Stamps are from Stampendous's exclusive set to Eclectic Paperie, titled "Hey There, Cupcake". This is a very cute, versatile set that is a must-have for any stamper! Anyway, hope y'all enjoy and that you think it looks good enough to eat!

No comments: