Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Little Bird told me...


.....That I should participate in this ATC Swap on Splitcoast! To be honest, I'm not a raving fan of birds or bird stamps although I know there are PLENTY of avid collectors and watchers out there! My Mom really likes birds, so I kind of did this to teach myself how to make something for her every now and then that SHE likes...not just what I like LOL...of COURSE she's appreciative of everything but you know how it is...


This is probably the most simple card I've ever made and it's utterly unsettling to me. However, a clean eyeline is what I was going for so it is what it is. I used the bird stamp from the Live Your Dream set by Stampin Up ( I love you, "Ra-rah!") Paper is Old Olive also by SU and Classic White from papertrey ink (have I mentioned it's the best CS EVER????). The branch and leaves along w/ the Birthday Wishes sentiment is from the Out on a Limb set from papertrey ink as well.


To embellish I just used the rectangle punch to make the "cheater bow" we all know and love. I used Diamond stickles on the leaves and then cut another version of the bird (MINUS the legs to give it a 3D layered effect) and popped it up on a dimensional.


Super fast and super easy but another ATC in the hand is worth two in the binder!


HARDEE HAR-HAR...

No comments: