Wednesday, June 25, 2008


I am back....with bubbles! Unfortunately, I am not able to participate in this month's blog hop tonight because I was unable to get to the store to purchase transparancies, but, wanted to leave you all with a little something new...a little something blue :)

It figures that now, when I actually have loyal blog subscribers ( I LOVE you guys!), that it's been almost a month since I've posted anything. Sorry for that! I've made a few exciting changes to my business, and I've also just returned from a wonderful summer vacation. We went to Disneyworld for a week and then spent a few days in beautiful Nashville, Tennessee on the way home.

I have also started writing again, and when the spirit moves, ya move with it! Sooooo, I haven't had a whole lot of time to create lately, and I've really missed it.

With that in mind, my Stamping Bellas came while I was away! Yeah! I love the adorable images that Emily has designed, and all the possibilities within them. As Emily would say, "Muah!" to the Bellas! My two year old princess is especially fond of Bellas, asking to see them on the computer from time to time. Isn't that sweet?

This week, I am lucky enough to spend a few days with one of my best friends in the world, Justina. She is in from WI and whenever there is "Jess-n-Jus" (as our clan refers to us), there is crafting!!!

I had a bunch of scraps of designer paper from my favorite brand, Papertrey Ink that I've been wanting to use up, along with the desire to score....SOMETHING! LOL. I just got the Scor-Pal and I am digging it-despite the large size. It's definitely easy to use, which is key for a girl like me...I'm a little substandard in my ability to score things.

I used the Gate fold technique for this card, using Aqua Mist paper and then layered it with Stampers select white and designer paper from the Papertrey Everyday Blessings line. I took the "bubblebella" stamp that I just ADORE and put it to use with Black Staz-On, using my aqua painter to watercolor the Bella image. I added stickles all over the bubbles....cuz ya hav to! It needed a little something under the part where the card opens, so I added three little pearls which also reminded me of the bubbles. I wanted a little extra something special so I tied the left side with a knot, positioning it in the left corner of the Bella image until I had it just the way I wanted it.

Finally, I used the Piece of Cake stamp set's phrase "How sweet it is!", which um, hello! How much sweeter could Bella be in that glorious tub??? Such is life, right now, I am pleased to report. Sweet and sparkly.... Enjoy!

Hugs,

No comments: