Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Double-Whammy" Wednesday! Woo hoo!



Hey guys! I don't want to set any precedents here, LOL, but I've got a "Double Whammy" for you all this morning...a card AND a layout!

This card was inspired by Jen Del Muro's sketch this week, using Bella stamps. I really wanted to play with my Upsy Daisy set from Stampin' Up, so I did that instead.

I couldn't imagine what this card was going to end up looking like using the big, somewhat-ornamental-yet-somwhat-obnoxious brads from my (eh hem!) brand new Hodgepodge Hardware kit, but I really like how this card turned out. LOL for those of you who don't understand the "eh-hem"...I had challenged myself NOT to open the new hardware kit until the old one was all used up...and that happened to occur YESTERDAY! Ha ha I wasted NO time!

I really enjoyed using the two different colors to stamp the daisies in too...I think that adds a ton to the card. Try it sometime for a fun and easy technique! Recipe for this card below... and now...without futher adieu...my FIRST challenge from A Walk Down Memory Lane!

I didn't have to do this layout as my DT term doesn't officially start until October, but figured, hey, why not? This was a good chance for me to get to know the girls and also refueled my passion for scrapbooking since I'm doing DT work mostly for cards. This layout was done according to Kelly's September sketch Challenge.

I decided to work with some digital papers and embellisments I purchased from Weeds and Wildflowers, a really cute digital scrapbooking site. This particular line is called their "Breath of Fresh Air" line. Cute, right? Very doodly, sketchy, etc. Whimsical, if you will.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share :) I don't really post layouts that often but will plan to maybe once a month since I will hopefully play along w/ the DT girls' challenges and maybe get some pics done!!
Have a fantastic day, everybody! See you back tomorrow...ya never know what's in store! Hugs,

Card Recipe: Stampin Up! Baja Breeze CS, Urban Garden DP, Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White CS, Baja Breeze ink, Blue Bayou Ink
Accessories/Embellies: SU Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon (ltd. edition), SU Hodgepodge Hardware Silver Jumbo Brads, Ribbon tape

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your SFYTT card is gorgeous and i love that scrap page! hugs-jd