Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A little bit of Eastern Influence...


Hello everyone on this (finally) sunny and CHILLY Tuesday!

I have a quick card for you today that was inspired by two things: Number one, I JUST got this Eastern Influences set by Stampin Up! and it's definitely the first I've gotten of it's kind. There are a lot of really pretty, Asian-inspired themes out there and I tend to not give them a second look. I think it's because I'm sort of "afraid" so to speak of what to do with them! LOL.

When I saw this Eastern Influences set, I was drawn to it by not only its beauty, but by the fact that I could COLOR with it! I'm definitely getting into coloring more and more these days now that I finally have a decent set of chalks and hope to expand my Copic collection soon...seems like it's ALL the rage, right? Well, and not only that but I've heard phenomenal feedback about them, so I'm anxious to try them although the cost does intimidate me!

Anyway, the second thing that really caught my eye about this set was the little square sentiment that says "beautiful". It's such a sweet and short sentiment, yet it can be used for SO many things/occasions. Also, it didn't take me long to realize that the ONLY pieces of my first Hodgepodge Hardware kit left were these pewter squares (do you remember my challenge to myself about this? I vowed to use up ALL the pcs. from the first pewter kit before I would let myself open the pretty new silver one!) !!!! YES! I DID IT! I used them ALL up :) Needless to say the completion of this card was victorious for a few reasons...the least of which being the hardware used. This was really a step "out of the box" for me in terms of style and stamps used, so I hope you like it :)

Have an awesome day and don't forget to check out A Walk Down Memory Lane's store! Watch for me in the coming days on the DT list w/ a short bio/pic and also make sure to sign up for the Message Board so we can chat that way, too! Hugs,

Recipe: Ruby Red CS by SU and Vintage Cream CS by Papertrey Ink, Ginger Blossoms Designer paper by SU, Eastern Influences Stamp set by SU, Hodgepodge Hardware by SU in Pewter, Groovy Guava double-stitched ribbon by SU, Basic Brown ink by SU, Ruby Red ink by SU for sponging edges

Accessories: Pebbles Inc. shimmer chalks, Groovy Guava Stitched ribbon by SU, Glue dots (for hardware to be held in place), dimensionals

Tools: Fiskars 12" personal rotary trimmer w/ scallop edged and straight blades

No comments: