Sunday, September 14, 2008

Giving Thanks...and usin' up some flowers while doing it!


Hi everyone on this rainy, rainy Sunday. Well, I think I have a sinus infection so I'm pretty happy the hubster is able to help out with the kiddos today. I'm pretty congested and just blech... oh well, hopefully a few more days and I'll be back to "normal"...ha ha ha :)

So, today's card is a really nice and simple layout for anyone who wants to try. I made this card for Lisa's challenge over at A Walk Down Memory Lane. The challenge was to take all those flowers you have that are either multiplying (like I swear mine do!) or are just sitting around waiting to be used and do something with them...also highlighting the center of the flower differently than say, you normally would.

Using Kraft paper from SU, I distressed it with my Cat's Eye Chestnut Roan pigment ink and cut a few pieces of Wild Asparagus DP to use. The paper is two-sided so again, coordianates nicely w/out a lot of work involved.

I couldn't wait to use this new stamp I got from the new Stampology line by Autumn Leaves. This is a single stamp available and I just LOVE the swirls and detail along with the sentiment! After distressing all pieces of paper and stamping the image, I used my Nestabilities to cut out the circle and scalloped background. I finished it off with some Dark Chocolate Twill by Papertrey and grabbed some small silk flowers from Imaginisce to get to work on using them up! I'm four down, a gazillion to go! Yeah!
To dress up the flower centers, I used an orange and brown brad but then experimented w/ Stardust Stickles to see if it would adhere to the brad and it did, very nicely in fact! It's not something I normally do so I will definitely be trying that out more! Thanks Lisa for the inspiration!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, what a cool way to finish off a flower! I haven't tried using stickles on a brad before!

WAY to go! :)