Saturday, September 13, 2008

Remembering to be Thankful...and a little tip for you today!


Hello everyone on this rainy, rainy Saturday!

It's just me and the girls this afternoon while my hubby is out erranding with the boys. I woke up with a terrible cold this morning so it's definitely nice to have the quiet! What are all of you doing this weekend?
I have a card for you today using the new Remember set designed by Lisa Johnson (Poppy Paperie) for Papertrey Ink. It's a beautiful, doodle-y (is that a word?) set with some really sweet sentiments and I've been itching to use it for a while now!

I used the new Poppy Cardstock from Papertrey and layered a piece of the new Bella Rose DP Collection from Stampin UP! Their new papers from the fall/winter catalog are really stunning, I must say. What was nice too is that I got all the paper cut and had just enough to cut the scalloped strips at the bottom from the other side of the same piece of 12X12 paper! So, that was cool.

Here's a TIP: To have enough paper to make SIX of these cards out of one piece of 12X12 paper here's what you can do: You should start using a DOUBLE-SIDED piece of paper, and just cut 3 strips size 12X 3.75 inches. Once cut in thirds, cut the 3.75 inch strips by 5 inches (you will get two 3.75X5 inch strips from each one). You will then have one 2"X3.75 in. strip left over from each of the thirds. Cut the 2 inch strips in half, and you'll end up with six 1"X3.75 strips that you can scallop if you wish or just leave them as is. See, it's fun AND it's saving scraps!

So, once I had the DP cut, I chose to sponge/distress all pieces with Kiwi Kiss ink from Stampin UP! I stamped a few Poppies from the Remember set using Pure Poppy Ink and also Sweet Blush ink and Kiwi Kiss for the stems and leaves. I matted it on a piece of Sweet Blush, also sponged to soften the effect.

I LOVE the "remembering to thank you" circle image from this set. It's so pretty and makes such a lovely focal point as well. I tried to enhance this by using my Nestabilities and popping this up on a dimension. Other finishing touches was a piece of Pure Poppy stitched ribbon and also some Stardust Stickles in the middle of each flower.

Well, I hope you like it, too! It's nice to have certain sentiments that remind us to be thankful every day. I am definitely thankful today for my beautiful, amazingly awesome children, the fact that even though I'm sick I get to stay home and cuddle up with my family and a movie or two, and even though I can't smell them (LOL!), I am thankful for pretty, bright flowers dancing across my paper creations today despite the ucky weather outside! What about you guys? Hugs,



No comments: