Friday, September 12, 2008

Butterfly in Blue...


Hello, all! Happy Friday! It's been such a busy week...I'm really looking forward to some much-needed down time after work this evening, and am happy to report that I am OFF this Saturday AND Sunday. Should be getting some stamp time in, for sure!

Today, as promised I share with you this card that I made from the leftover scraps after my Mojo Monday challenge this week. You can scroll down a few posts and check 'em out!

Afternoon Tea DP from Stampin' Up! once again made the beautiful backdrop for this card. I adhered my "scraps" of DP after distressing them with Old Paper ink (Ranger) to a piece of Baja Breeze CS, also from Stampin' Up! This is one of the prettiest blues I've seen in a long time. I just love it. I used a piece of Wild Wasabi ribbon between the two pieces of DP and matted another scrap from the Afternoon Tea paper (the blue floral pattern) on top of the first piece. That piece was distressed as well.

To give this quick and easy card the final touches, I used one of my favorite quotes from SU's Butterfly of Happiness stamp set and stamped it on a scrap of white CS from Papertrey. They have the BEST white card stock. It's thick, smooth and definitely my fave to work with. I used my Wild Wasabi ink pad to stamp the sentiment and then matted it and sponged it for a softer look.

I finished things off with this ADORABLE Butterfly image from the Fluttering Love set from Close to my Heart, stamped in Baja Breeze ink. The stamp set was a bday present (back in July!) and I've been chomping at the bit to use it! I embellished the b-fly along with the blue rectangle with pearl gemstones...they are one of my favorite embellie's to use! Using my scalloped and circle Nestabilities, I cut out the paper for the butterfly and raised it on dimensionals to really make it "pop". This card was so fun to make and such a great use of those leftover strips of paper I just couldn't resist!

Well, everyone, have a wonderful weekend and be sure to stop by next week for more whimsical fun! Thanks so much for reading!




1 comment:

Darla said...

I love what you can do with your "scraps". Great job - you do awesome work!
Hugs,
Darla