Wednesday, December 3, 2008

PPS Wednesday: Handmade with Love...

Hey everyone!
It's a CHILLY Wednesday here in the 'burbs...eek! I'm not a fan of this weather and keep asking myself, "WHY do I live here?" LOL. Anyway, whenever I'm chilly, I think of soup, hot chocolate, and the like to keep warm and toasty.
That was my idea when making today's project I have for you. Using the Simply Cocoa set (again :) from Pink Papery Studios, I decided to create a little hot chocolate/card holder for this week's DT challenge. You could also do this with a cup of soup packet for a get well gift.

I took a full sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 cardstock and scored a line down the middle the shortway and then two inches from the end longways. Using a few pieces of sticky strip, I secured the ends of the 2" fold to create a pocket and then folded the whole thing in half.

I tucked a Thank you card on one side and then the hot chocolate packet on the other, making sure to use lots of chocolate browns on the outside cover to really tie in the theme.

It literally took me 10 minutes to make this, so you could definitely mass produce these. The longest part is coloring in w/ Copics or whatever markers you'd want to use but I had the image colored ahead of time.

To finish it off, I used my Crop A Dile to punch in three jumbo eyelets. The last hole I punched through BOTH sides of the folder so that the whole thing can be tied together w/ a pretty ribbon.

Be sure to stop by the other Pink Papery Studios DT gals to see what they came up with for this challenge...links on my sidebar! Thanks and see you back here with a festive Prettie post :)

Hugs,
Jess :)

6 comments:

Danni said...

I love this! So clever! Great job!

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love this, super cute.

Shirley said...

Love the deep brown and all of the other colors that go with it! She is just perfect!

Jami said...

So cute!! Perfect image for this treat! Love the butterfly paper!!
hugs, Jami

Lorelie Kim said...

Love the warm chocolatey colors! Perfect embellies and so glad your on the Pink Papery DT! I'm so sorry for missing a lot of designing with you, but I'm getting back to the swing of things.

MERRY CHRSITMAS!
Lorelie