Friday, May 22, 2009

A Prettie Birthday Wish...

Hey everyone!

I'm back with another Prettie Creation. A few weeks ago, during our May release party, the Prettie Girls had a few challenges and one was to make a Birthday Card. I haven't yet gotten to show you this card I made using the GIGANTIC Cupcake from SU along with the darling new "Giving Thanks" Sophia from Paper Pretties!Isn't she adorable? I think she's my favorite Sophia yet! I know I've said that a time or two before, but I really adore her! She is the JUNE Stamp of the Month at Paper Pretties!

New to the Stamp of the Month club? You have until the 31st to sign up for the June stamp, and you can find all the information HERE. When you sign up, you'll receive your stamp sometime during the month before she is released. Fun stuff!

Onto more fun stuff, I had a blast making this card. Complete with liquid applique, Martha Stewart chunky glitter, and Kaisercraft rhinestones to decorate the "frosting". I also used the Basic Grey "Cupcake" Dp, which I {heart}. This is definitely a festive card, and what cupcake would be complete without a cherry on top all decked out with Stickles?

I wanted to share this card with you today as it's my Dad's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I MISS YOU! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Hope you enjoyed this paper confection as much as I enjoyed making it...have a sweet weekend, everyone!

Jessica :)

10 comments:

Randi said...

Jessica!!! That frosting is TOO cool!! I am a chunky glitter addict. There's just something magical about it! And, I love that juicy glossy cherry!

Cute Sophia stamp. It looks so great with the cupcake!

Oh, and I have a surprise for you...hint...it has something to do with this card. ;o)

Mary Giles said...

Okay now that just looks good enough to eat! Can you imagine Sophia eating such a huge cupcake? Yum! Loooove the glitter and How Sophia stands off to the side of that huge cupcake.

Javablustamper said...

Hey Jess!! Love the HUGE cupcake and how you pieced it!! It is PERFECT!! Of course, you know I LOVE Basic Grey, so I am a TAD partial!! Haha!! That Sophia is TOO cute too!! HOpe you are well!!




Jacquie/Javablustamper

Cindy Haffner said...

What a great cupcake, super job.

kadie said...

Yummers!! I'm such a big fan of the stamp up front and an amplified image/item in the background. You did an awesome job. That cupcake is perfect and the papers are the best!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun cupcake, great card!!

Danni said...

Yummy! Now I want cupcakes!!Such a great card!

Cassie said...

okay.


this is the most A M A Z I N G card {ever}.

i'd be dancing too if i had a yummy cupcake that big!!

great design!

Elena said...

Very cute!!! The cupcake is so yummy! Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Heather Schlatter said...

This card is so so wonderful Jess I think it is one of my very favorites of yours!!!! Totally awesome girl I love love love it!!!

Heather