Friday, May 22, 2009

Psst! Got Cupcakes? I do, I do!...


...that's because I am THRILLED to be this week's Featured Cupcake Sampler at Taylored Expressions!

I also have a funny story that goes along with it! When Taylor posted last week that there wasn't a cupcake sampler last week because the person she asked hadn't gotten back to her, I was thinking to myself "Is that person CRAZY???" "WHO wouldn't want to be the Featured Cupcake Sampler???"

Well, you can only IMAGINE my surprise when I received her email, this time sent to my old AND new email address that it was ME!!! We had exchanged a few emails back and forth a LONG time ago when she was sweet enough to answer some questions about how she photographs her beautiful cards... and I no longer have that email address! Oh, gosh, how funny!

All that being said, can I TELL you how excited I am?!?!?!?! This is such a fun honor and I am ecstatic to be posting today to tell you all this and show you my card!
I used the adorable Downtown Diva set to create my card based on the sketch. These little cuppies are so cute and I had an absolute BLAST coloring in the little row of shops. That is one of my favorite images and although it's a lot of coloring, I just adore it!

Have you guys been over to Taylored Expressions lately to see the really sweet and growing line of her "Stamp a Sweet Impression" stamps? They are awesome! The quality is wonderful-they are really deeply etched rubber and they're PINK! An extra fabulous little perk! :) Seriously though, you may have remembered me saying on THIS post how great the Customer Service is, too, and that's huge in this industry.

I really want to thank Taylor again for having me this week. I am just over the moon about it!

Can't wait to see what you guys do with this week's sketch! Be sure to head on over to Taylor's blog and check out all the deets on how to upload your card, using keyword TECC69 if you upload to SCS or PaperCraft planet.

I hope you guys have "sweet" plans for this weekend! I know mine was already made by getting to be the Featured Cupcake Sampler this week-not quite sure how you can top that!

Hugs and smiles to all you guys!
Jessica :)

P.S. Speaking of Cupcakes, Please be sure to scroll down for a Prettie BIG Cupcake, actually... I guess there's a theme going here! ;) XOXO

19 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Congrats Jessica! Your card is fabulous! Love the embossing and the fun colors!

Jenn said...

Your story was too funny! Congrats on being this weeks Featured Cupcake Sampler! Your card is too adorable! :)

Deb Neerman said...

Congrats! What fun!!

Love your card ... and the colors! This LO rocks!

Danni said...

Congrats! Glad she emailed you back!!
Love your card, so nice!!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

Adorable! Your coloring is awesome!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Jessica! Love the scene and the soft colors. Congrats on being the FS. :o)

Jackie Pedro said...

Congratulations, Jess! I was wondering who hadn't gotten back to Taylor!! Thought they must have been crazy!! LOL! Your card is darling and your coloring is AWESOME! Have a great weekend!!

Julie said...

WHAT?!?! That was you?!?! You must be crazy! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I bet you about peed your pants when you found out it was you!! I would have died!! Congrats, your card is SUPAH cute!!

Mary Giles said...

Big congrats! You do amazing work and obviously have cupcake spirit. What a fun card you have created for your guest spot. Hugs.

Elena said...

Wow! Wonderful news, Jessica! I am so happy for you!!! I can only imagine what you feel!
Very cute card fir this week challenge!

Julia said...

Yeah Jess!!! Gorgeous card and congrats!

Randi said...

Oh, Jess, exciting!!!

Girl, you work magic with every stamp you use!!

I've clicked on Taylor's beautiful site a few times, but haven't ordered yet. Why is it that once I see what you've created, I have an instant regret for not buying them!!!!

I need some of thos adorable cupcakes!!
Love your card! The layering and coloring are flawless as usual!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Miss Jess,

Howya doing??? O.K. I am seriously putting my foot down. Some time in the next week we are going to have that 3 way call!!! When you call Janna you just tell her to go on and dial my number!!! No choices that is what is going to happen!!!

Glad you enjoyed the little joke this morning I did not know what it was about until after I typed the e-mail then she informed me the funny or not so funny part of the story!!! (Ugh you know how I feel about that subject!!!! creepy carzy!!!!)

Well I love your cup cake card and so glad you got featured!!!!

Have a great day and hope you get feeling better soon!!!

Heather

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, Jessica, CONGRATULATIONS on being this week's Featured Cupcake Sampler....and a GORGEOUS sample it is. Love the texture and that cute cuppie in front of the boutiques. AWESOME card!

Allison Rankin said...

This is fabulous...looks like way too much work for me...ha!

Barb said...

Congratulations on being featured! Love your coloring!

LORi said...

Hey Jessica~!! Funny Funny Story!!!

LOVE your TE Cupcake Card!!!

Christi Flores said...

Congrats on being featured!!! Your card is adorable!!!