Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bloomin with Joy...and Flower Soft ;)...


Ok, so I just noticed that there is a theme this week on my cards...I thought about my cards for Monday, Tues, and Wed this week and they ALL use distressing. So, hopefully you won't get too tired of that, haha.

Well, it's Tuesday and time for another FAB sketch Challenge by my girl Mercy! LOVE Tuesdays! Love being a part of Mercy's Muses for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge...check us out!

I also love the quote on this AWESOME stamp from the August Kit of the Month from UNITY STAMPS...

"Joy is a flower that BLOOMS when you do"....how AWESOME is that?!?

And so totally true! I've had so many wonderful things happen to me this past year that I am SO grateful for and this quote only magnifies that joy.

It just speaks to me and those flowers on the tree were also speaking...well, actually SCREAMING at me to use Flower Soft on them :) I used Kraft, Pink Pirouette, and Spring Moss cardstock and just a teeny bit of DP which is rare for me :) Butterfly brad is my FAVE and was given to me by my sweet friend Janna...I {heart} her!

Well, we hope you'll play along with us this week! Please use keyword MTSC38 if you're uploading to a public gallery and be sure to link your creation to Mercy's blog, too!

Here's some inspiration from the other muses to get you started:
Well, that's all for now but I'll be back soon and can't wait to hear from you! Happy Tuesday everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Jess I love your distressing, and love those pretty colors and all the flowers, awesome work.

Jackie Pedro said...

I will never tire of distressing!! Your card is beautiful, Jess!! I LOVE that butterfly brad!!

Suzy Tyler said...

I knew you would not disappoint this week! This card is simply elegant. LOVE the distressing. The sentiment is GREAT!

Sheri Gilson said...

Jess, I love the distressing!! The colors are perfect with that sentiment!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the distressing Jessica! It's gorgeous!

Hugs, K

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super gorgeous Jessica!!

~*Joni said...

Oh I love it when images scream out for techniques!! haha! That FS looks perfect on your card Jessica, and the wonderful color combo (that little bit of DP is the perfect balance btw) is so pleasant to look at. This is such a feminine card without being too overly girly. Mercy's sketch is awesome! Must try that one this week...

Michele Kovack said...

I love the image, the soft colors of the DP, and the Flower Soft just complete it perfectly!

Unknown said...

gorgeous card, jess! love that senitment and the flower soft is a brilliant touch! thanks for another awesome sample!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Jessica - thsi is so beautiful!!! Your rocked the sketch - GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Pam Varnell said...

Loving the distressing girl. This card is beautiful and I love the way you made the flowers pop. Love that butterfly bling too, it goes great with this card.

Anonymous said...

OH my this is just GORGEOUS girl!! I love the flower soft and the beautiful flower in the corner!!

Julie said...

Beautiful, Jessica! Oooh I just love that tree and what a cute sentiment! The flower soft is a perfect touch! :)

Ann Kranitz said...

Love this card...soft and pretty and the distressing and flower soft are the perfect touches!!!

1CardCreator said...

Love this card Jessica, and I really like how the flower soft came out on this. Surprise since I was not a fan of flower soft, but you've inspired me to give it another try. ~Diane DCRU DT

Shannan Teubner said...

This is gorgeous, Jess! The sponging and flower soft add just the right touch!

Jodi Collins said...

Just GORGEOUS Jess! LOVE this image and all the flower soft! What a BEAUTY!!

WickedPixie said...

This is gorgeous, Jess! The distressing is wonderful and I love all of the texture from the embossing and the FS! :-)Traci

Rosette said...

Wow Jass! This is stunning! I can perfectly see it framed! Lovely keepsake :)

gorgeous card!

Monique Lokhorst said...

Wow! I love this card, the colors are really beatiful. This is just perfect.

Monique.

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! This is a beauty worth framing! It makes me want to run out and buy some FS too! Oh SO pretty!

Randi said...

Gorgeous card Jess! Love the flower soft on the tree! So cute!

I love distressing!! Never get tired of it! ;o)

I'm going to try out this sketch challenge! I was just looking at my ribbon and thinking how much I need to USE it!

Whimsey said...

Oh wow, this is just stunning; I LOVE the soft colors - what a great quote! Gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Distressed to perfection!
I love this card.
Viv xx

Carolyn King said...

GORGEOUS---LOVE the flower soft with this---looks wonderful!