Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A quote that speaks VOLUMES...

Hey all!

I can't believe it's Tuesday again and time for another Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge!  I  am happy to bring you another sample using an AWESOME quote from our December Sponsor, StampInsanity.

This quote comes from the stamp set, "Morgan's Star".   When I saw this quote I was actually with my good pal Mercy and the quote actually brought a little tear to my eye.  What a beautiful sentiment:

"Love is what's in the room with you at CHRISTMAS, if you stop opening presents and listen..."  ~7 year old Bobby

Can I just TELL you how moving that is?   I love it, and had to use it as Christmas is only FOUR days away!  I can't believe it.

Here's the awesome MTSC53:


I hope you'll play along with us this week!  Just be sure to visit Mercy's blog and link up your creation w/ the wonderful and cheery Mr. Linky :)   Here is my sample:

My stitching is CRAZY crooked, I admit.   I am still a heck of a novice on the sewing machine and well, the only way I'm gonna master it and not ruin/waste a TON of paper is if you guys keep putting up with my ridiculousness...but I'll get it some time.   I guess I have off and on days, cuz if you look at THIS card it was a lot better, LOL!!!   And, I used an oval instead of a circle cuz you know me, I'm always bending the rules :)

Want to see MORE inspiration?   Check out the wonderful samples from all of the Muses:
and our DECEMBER Guest Muse, my girl Jessie Rone!

Well, I'll be back tomorrow with a card from The Greeting Farm's 12 Days of Sketches!   See you back here then!

xoxo
Jess :)

20 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Jessica!! Love that sketch!! I sure hope I can find the time to play along. I am so behind but just love Mercy's sketches. Your take on the sketch is awesome. Love your stitching, glittery snowflakes, colors and dry embossing.

Merry Christmas to you and your family my friend.

hugs,
Chris

Julie said...

This is beautiful, Jessica! Stitching and all! I think it's totally fantastic!

Merry Christmas, girl! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect take on the sketch, love your stitching. Three more sleeps before the big guy comes!! --Happy Holidays, Hugs
Cindy xxoo

Peggy said...

What a beautiful card and sentiment! I happen to like your stitching!! :-)

Unknown said...

i love how you showcased that quote, jess! great papers, stitching, and sparkly accents! awesome sample, sweetie!

kris said...

It's a lovely card!!! haha! i broke my machine trying to stitch... didn't attempt to use it after that... but your card came out really lovely... and that quote has so much meaning... =D hugs, Kris

Pam Varnell said...

This is gorgeous girl and I love the way you used the sentiment as the main image panel. Love it!! Your sewing is great girl. Completely straight does not look home-made in my book, at least that's what I tell myself when all mine are crooked. LOL!! Love your beautiful card girlfriend. Hugs!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card Jess!! I love the stitching!! I actually bought a machine and now just need to learn how to use it. Thank goodness my MIL sews and can teach me...lol

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Fabulous sentiment!!! and oh so true!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Gorgeous card, Jessica! and so very, very true! Love living such precious moments through my boys eyes :)

Merry Holidays :*)
~ margie

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

A very profound thought for such a young person. I absolutely adore it! Great card, Jessica.

Smiles!
Gwen

Christi Flores said...

This is wonderful!! That quote just melts my heart!

Lisa H. said...

antoher sweet, sweet card! love what you did with the sketch.

Silke Ledlow said...

What a sweet sentiment :) !!! Your Sketch card is beautiful - Jess!!!

Merry Christmas!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh, that IS one beautiful sentiment! I love it!...especially with the sparkly pieces.

Merry Christmas to ya, girl! I hope Santa is good to you and your 2010 is amazing! :)

Yvette said...

Your card is absolutely adorable Jessica! Personally I like it when the stitches are not perfectly straight. LOVE the sentiment too!!

Merry Christmas!

Danni said...

That is an amazing quote!! Gorgeous card and your stitching looks fab to me!

Jodi Collins said...

Awww! This is BEAUTIFUL Jess! LOVE that quote and the sparkly embellies make me smile too!!!

Elena said...

Your card is so beautiful, and I love this cute saying! Really like the sparkly embellishments! It's like a magic!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Great stitching deatils.