Monday, April 19, 2010

You ALWAYS Measure Up...

Hello friends!

I'm back with another card using some of my new Stamping Bella stamps.  It was a super fun and busy weekend and I didn't have much time to stamp...in fact, I'll probably regret that a bit since I have a lot of projects coming up, but then again, there's no time better spent than with precious family and that's exactly what I did!   We had such a wonderful weekend getting out of the house, enjoying a few meals out which is definitely a treat even though I love to cook...and most of all, it was just SO nice to be together and enjoy the warmer weather too!

Anyway, in the little stamping time I did have, I thought about my 10 yr old DD and how she'll be in "TCAP" testing all week.   It's basically the assessment testing they do for the state.   I know I felt very strongly about it last year in Illinois, but it seems that here, at least, they are making a little more sense in the preparations, breaks, and snacks the kids will get during the week!  

Anyway, I thought it would be nice for Madelynn to start the week w/ a little extra TLC in her lunchbox from Mom :)  And isn't this sentiment from Stamping Bella just PERFECT?   "You ALWAYS Measure Up".   Awwww...well isn't that the truth!   She is so smart and talented, that one...I know she'll ace them but hopefully have fun doing it, too!

Well, that's it for me for now!   I'm trying to decide if this sore throat is allergy or the beginnings of a cold...wish me luck, LOL!

Have a WONDERFUL Monday and I'll see you back here tomorrow for Mercy's Sketch Challenge!

Live, Love, Laugh and Smile,
Jess ;) xoxo

14 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

Sammi said...

how cute! this is gorgeous Jess!
xx

Cindy Haffner said...

What a SWEETIE.

Julie Campbell said...

This is SOOOO sweet! I love that sentiment with her. Ahhh!

Jen Shults said...

This is adorable Jess! I love the paper you used and I really love that lace sticking out the bottom of the card like that... wonderful embellishing idea!

kris said...

OMGosh!! this card is so cute!! Love the image... =D i know what you mean about precious family time... we had that kind of weekend too... nothing more important spending time together!! Cherish every moment sweetie!! =D

WickedPixie said...

Hi Jess! I hope it's just a touch of allergies and you will feel better soon! Your card is adorable, and I love it even more because of who and why it was made! :-)Traci

Basement Stamper said...

What a sweet card and I'm sure she will adore the card you created.

Elena said...

Glad you had a nice weekend, Jessica! Your card is the cutest! Hope you are not getting sick, give yourself a very good take care! :)

Kim said...

That is so sweet and such a wonderful way to give encouragement!

Tasha said...

Gosh you are a lovely mum! My mother would have never done anything as sweet as this!
I love the card too its adorable
love tasha xx

Kelly Schelske said...

She's so cute Jessica, love it!

Mary Giles said...

Awww...I bet this really made Madelynn smile. I know I did. Blue and yellow is such a lovely color together and the white just ties it all together. Lovin' the lace addition.

Anonymous said...

This one rocked the casbah!