Thursday, February 17, 2011

HIP HOPPIN into Thursday with a NEW SKETCH!...

Howdy, peeps!

Now that the initial excitment has worn off regarding the NEW Unity Challenge (missed it?  Click HERE for the deets), let's not forget that today is HIP HOP THURSDAY and what does that mean?

Well, not only will hopefully we run into some of you on the Unity SCS forum, but it's time for a BRAND NEW SKETCH CHALLENGE!  Here is this week's sketch:

I LOVE having a sketch challenge as an awesome jumping off point for creativity.  Have you guys been PLAYING in the weekly challenge?  There are PRIZES each week and Jimmi does an AWESOME job keeping it all together HERE :)


I used the UBER adorable new Itty Bitty stamp, "I'm Here" for today's sketch and added some fun buttons and a touch of ribbon to the layout.  I am trying to use up some spare patterned papers that I've had laying around FOREVER before I even am tempted to get anything new (HELLO new Echo Park, basic Grey, Crate and Sassafrass?!?!  What's a designer to DO?!  lol).   I really like the colors on this one :)  Hope you do, too!
Next Blog

Well, make sure you stop by my girl Jimmi's blog next to see what she made for today's HIP HOP Thursday and be sure to visit the UNITY Blog to see what the dealio is for today!  Thanks so much for stopping by...and I'm sorry if I've been a bad bloggin' buddy!  I have like 700 posts in my reader but I plan to get to you!   Between CHA madness and coming home sick for a week it's just been a wee bit crazy!  I appreciate all your support!  MWAH!

~xoxo

Photobucket

28 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

oh wow I really love that sentiment!! That is so me :)

Thank you sooo much for your lovely comments on my blog lately - it means the world to me :)

Peggy said...

Such a soft and sweet card! The sentiment definitely says a lot! Hope you are feeling better now! Hugs!

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY I adore your buttons, fab!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO sweet Jess! LOVE this image and the sentiment!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a sweet card! I love everything about it :)

Happy Thursday!
hugs, margie

Rona said...

This is adorable and yes these colors are fabulous!!

Pamela said...

Great card! I love it!

Carisa said...

pretty colors and i'm trying the same thing...although not very successfully. LOL!

Evette K. said...

Glad to hear u are on the mend. Not fun to be sick during winter time. Yuck. Just love the buttons on your lovely card. I have really fallen in love with them this year. Everything about your card speaks to me. TY

Evette K. said...

Great card. Love the paper and buttons and and....etc.

Angie Blom said...

Fantastic card Jess.. I love that sketch too.

Anonymous said...

Love the soft colors & the buttons~

Shemaine Smith said...

So pretty Jess!

1CardCreator said...

Love this card Jessica, the buttons add such a gorgeous touch! That stamp is so cute too.

Carol W. said...

love the sentiment, beautiful card. TFS

Danni said...

Pretty, pretty! Love the paper and the buttons are fun! Very nice!

sharon g said...

Oh how cute. I love to see what others have done with Unity Stamps.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh this is so adorable Jess!!!!
Hope you are feeling better!!!

maryanns said...

Love the card--the colors are beautiful and the stitching is wonderful! Great job!

Kary said...

I love the sentiment on your card, and the colours! The buttons are super cute too.

Lisa said...

EEP! Need that set. This is SO FREAKING ADORABLE!

Sparkplug17 said...

Super cute! I love the row of buttons.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooo cute cute cute! I love love love love the colors and LOVING the buttons! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Booth said...

Love this card Jess..the area the buttons everythng is just perfect...

Denise Marzec said...

Hey Jess! How are ya, girlie! Love the textured-looking papers and that sweet row of buttons!

Lena said...

Super cute cards. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

Jessie/knightrone said...

So pretty, Jess...love the buttons!!

Lynne Phelps said...

I love the soft colors, and that zig-zagged row of buttons elevates this card to totally FAB!!!