Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Amber made me do it!....but Girly, you ROCK!... (hee hee)

Hey, everyone!

It's time for another Mercy's Tuesday Sketch challenge and I have some fun pics I took from over the weekend, too.  We FINALLY seem to have gotten our computer issues under control...OH MY what a fiasco that was!

Well, I'm glad to be back and as always, Mercy has a fabulous sketch to share with us this week:

I used another Cheeky Cherry stamp from The Greeting Farm, Cheeky Rockabilly.  She is SO cute, isn't she???  Super fun to color, too!  Following the sketch and using the UBER cute "Be Loved" DP from My Mind's Eye, I whipped up this card:

Want to play along?   Just visit Mercy's blog and let Mr. Linky be your guide!    A SPECIAL thank you to ANYA Schrier for being our amazing February Guest Muse!  Was SO great to work with you, Anya!  And visit the rest of the Muses, too:


Well, that's it for me and my card, but I want to dedicate it to my friend Amber Hight who I was SO lucky to get to meet over this past weekend!  Amber and I design on the Unity DT together, but I have been following her blog for about 2 years now...Actually, her, Amy Sheffer, and our own Shannan Teubner's blogs were three of the first blogs I discovered when I stumbled upon Verve stamps one day...and here we are!   Awesome this little world of ours, isn't it?

Here we are at Michael's shopping like fools...FUN!!!!

And HERE is the LOOT that ended up following me home yesteday while out on our SUPER fun excursion:

Crazy, right?  All I have to say is...

 AMBER MADE ME DO IT!!!!  HA!   Check out her blog cuz she's got more of the same and a pic of HER loot, too!   She is the MASTA enabler, LOL!  We had SUCH a blast; she's a SUPER awesome gal and I hope to get to hang with her again before she heads back home to Okinawa-yikes!   Well, at least for a little while longer....so here's to you friend, girly, you ROCK!!!

Talk tomorrow!
xoxo
Jess :)

28 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card and looks like you and Amber had a blast!

Eva said...

Hey girlie, this is soooo cute!!!! Guess what will be on my blog tomorrow..hehehe...and yeah right, blame it on Amber..hey that My Minds Eye little glitter pad followed me home, too...don't you love it???? I would have so loved to meet Amber, too...you guys are so lucky!!! Hugs, Eva

Tasha said...

Hey Jess - thoe goodies look scrummy!

Loving you card - the colours and fabulous image nd papers are all gorgeous
love tasha xx

Emma said...

Sounds like you girls had a fun time shopping! I have to admit it doesn't take much to make me spend!

Love the card and that DP is just gorgeous! I can't wait to get my Cheeky Cherries so that I can create some beautiful cards like yours!

Unknown said...

jess...this is beautiful! love the papers, your coloring, and your stitching! awesome sample!

and on a personal note...you're a turd! LOL! i wish pam and i could have made it up to hang out with you two...there's no telling how many places we could've been thrown out of! LMBO!

Peggy said...

Isn't it a blast to meet online friends in person? Love your sweet card and the stash you got looks awesome. For some reason the Michaels here does not carry some of the things I see in your pic!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Jess your card is SWEET, fabulous job. Sounds like so much fun shopping and hanging out with Amber.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh how cool bumping into an online friend!! So cool, Your card is gorgeous you have rocked the sketch!!
And oh my gosh look at those yummy papers!!
I hope today is a better day for you.
Kristy xx :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Jess this is super pretty, love the colors and your coloring!!!!

Also love your pic, very sweet! How fun, and looks like thats just what you two had was alot of FUN shopping!!!!

Enjoy your day hun!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun getting some new goodies! The dp you used on the card is gorgeous- love it!

StampinCathy said...

Your card is awesome. How fun to be able to get together and have some fun. I just hope Michael's will live through both of you there together. LOL

Kelly Booth said...

ADORABLE Card Jess.....Love Rockabilly!! I need some of that DP yopu have been using...just LOVE it!
Looks like a FUN shopping trip.....Glad your computer issues are solved!
Hugs!

Jen Shults said...

This is so so cute!! I just love it! And GREAT take on that sketch. I love how you just used a half cirle... and your coloring is fabulous. :D Hugs!!

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Jess! Love that stamp...SO CUTE! :)

Unknown said...

Love that stamp!
and friends who are enablers!! ;)

anya said...

Jess, I love this! Those girls are so cute. Your coloring is fantastic! I loved working with you, too!

kadie said...

Jess, your coloring is outstanding!! Another beautiful creation!

Unknown said...

Oh Jess...I LOVE this card!! It is just stunning!! I am so glad you had fun with Amber...It is always nice to catch up with friends!! I can't wait till I have saved enough money to visit Jac and Jen....Xx

Amber Hight said...

WOOHOO! Look at them sexy ladies!;) I had so much fun with you, hope to do it again this week:D You are by far one of the funnest people EVER! BIG hugs and I love that card!
I think you've enabled me to buy some TGF stamps:D

Jodi C. said...

Jess, this card is AMAZING...those new stamps are just too cute, they look like SO MUCH FUN, and there is that fav paper(still) again.I still have quite a bit (maybe hoarding...a little) of that paper and still LOVE to see how you used it!!! Now I should use some of mine for this challenge, time to go find a stamp, TFS!!!
{HUGZ}
Jodi
PS; Looks like you and Amber had LOTS of FUN!!! At 1st you had me wondering when you went to Okinawa:)

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is so cute!!! Great job with the coloring and your choice of color!!

Latisha said...

So cute...love that image!!
How fun you and Amber got to hang out!! So awesome!!

Elena said...

Adorable card! I love the ribbon you added! And Cherry Cheeks girls are so sweet! :)
So glad you had a great time with Amber!

Pam Varnell said...

Your card is amazing Jess. I love the colors you paired with Rockabilly. So glad you had a fun time with Amber. Great pic. You are bringing all that "loot" with you this weekend, right? LOL

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Love Mercy's sketches, love your card, love the Cheekys, and love your picture! lol

Pam Speidel said...

Such a fabulous card Jess! You ROCK, girlie!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Jess!! Have fun playing with your new loot!! :D

Anonymous said...

Super cute and super sassy! Love it!